Metal Slug 7 - DS (combined thread)

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
OrochiEddie said:
The game looks real ugly, why didn't they make this game for PSP instead?

Because the psp has sold about 24 million units compared to the 50 million+ the DS has.

Metal Slug is an old 2D game that was originally done for a lower resolution then even the DS supports. If the game, according to you, looks ugly on a DS screen, it would not look any better on a PSP screen (unless SNKP decided to redraw everything).

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
Because the psp has sold about 24 million units compared to the 50 million+ the DS has.

Metal Slug is an old 2D game that was originally done for a lower resolution then even the DS supports. If the game, according to you, looks ugly on a DS screen, it would not look any better on a PSP screen (unless SNKP decided to redraw everything).
Well the original screen shots were horrendously pixelated, the video looked better, but still not as good as the original. I do agree that the decision to sell on the DS is based on figures.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The series should have got a decent christian burial after#3 IMHO, we are flogging the provobial dead hores here. #7 = further fARCE

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
The series should have got a decent christian burial after#3 IMHO, we are flogging the provobial dead hores here. #7 = further fARCE
If 4 and 5 hadn't been released, there would have been less Neo Geo games made at a time when we were just happy there were still a few games coming out.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
4 was a bit of an off, but aside from the cut content and the lacking final boss I found MS5 to be a great addition to the series. MS6 is ok, but way too difficult. although it is sad to see the series being cashed out like this it will always be a great way to kill an hour.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I wish I wouldn't have played 6.

I got to stage 3, heard the music and turned it off.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I wish I wouldn't have played 6.

I got to stage 3, heard the music and turned it off.
Okay, so the music made you stop playing it. Interesting. That's a new one.

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
Metal Slug 7 DS

Anyone catch this yet?

metal-slug-7-20070920045928684.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
3 should have been the last one...

X should have been 2 - but they fucked up 2 so they made a directors cut...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
kernow said:
and 2 was still better.

yes, thank you kernow.

don't let the X hate die. fighting a rip of the MS1 Mission 5 boss at the end of the first level instead of the harrier jet? fucking lame.

bringing it back baby, bringing it back.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Ukyo said:
yes, thank you kernow.

don't let the X hate die. fighting a rip of the MS1 Mission 5 boss at the end of the first level instead of the harrier jet? fucking lame.

bringing it back baby, bringing it back.

haha :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder what they plan to do with the stylus? Maybe they will make it like box tap and you tap the people to kill them. And they're gonna flood the screen.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
That logo is awesome.