Metal Slug 7 - DS (combined thread)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Terry330 said:
Fucking hell they should have quit after 3, seriously.

They should have quit after 1, actually.

Either Shocktroopers still blows any Slug out of the water, a shame they remade Slug 1 five times with different backgrounds instead of focusing on something that's not trash.

Neoray

New Challenger
Damn thats alot of metel slug games but I have to admit after 5 they should of stopped.

why not comeout with sequels that started the neo-geo craze like a magician lord 2, nam-1975 2, super spy 2, 2020 super baseball 2, cyber-lip 2, ninja combat 2, shoot I would love to see a sequel to those games badly.

now I know, theres no more neo-geo and snk playmore ain't backing up that system so why not make it for x-box live and wii as exclusives.

fuck it make some aes and mvs too.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
meh, no one's forcing you to play new metal slug games.

So continue to jack off to mslug 1/2/3/x/whatever's koll this week with you guys and I'll sit around and see what's coming out.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
dark penguin said:
Same here...Metal Slug Advance was not bad, and it could have been great with some more polish and tweaking. Let's hope they take their time with this. If it's just a notch or two better than MS Advance, it will be a pretty good game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
this is tough. I'd like to see a new slug in the arcades but I would play it on DS. I hope they don't try to use the touch screen too much like for weapon switching and shit. Now that I think about it. what else would the use the touch screen for? Dammit.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Only thing you need is MS1 and MSX in original format.

taitai said:

So continue to jack off to mslug 1/2/3/x/whatever's koll this week with you guys and I'll sit around and see what's coming out.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
SNKJorge said:

Yea, uh? Did you hate it that much?
It found it had a lot of replay value because of all the stuff to collect. It's not a classic by any means.

Also, people were pissy because it didn't have the one-hit kill...if they'd looked a little harder they'd have found a way to add the one-hit kill feature.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
This is fucking sad... another game that would be great on a home console, but instead they put it on a DS? wtf?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:
This is fucking sad... another game that would be great on a home console, but instead they put it on a DS? wtf?

It makes perfect sense from a business standpoint actually.

Not idealistic for MS fans, but for SNKP it's basically easy money.

Portable games are cheaper to produce than console games and there's more DS owners out there than there are owners of any next-gen system.

The only other system that would make sense would've been the PS2, but we're at the point where last-gen systems aren't really on the minds of most developers.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mattroid said:
I don't carry my PSP anymore, and running the roms on my gp2x just doesn't always cut it
You picked a great time to stop using your PSP, what with it being a real system by now and everything.

Violent Ryo said:
Na, I'm also looking forward to Contra 4, and that other side scrolling run n' gun coming to the DS.
Yeah, Contra 4 will be real good, it being by some non-Japanese development house that isn't at all related to the original games, and has no business making a game in the main series.

Neoray said:
now I know, theres no more neo-geo and snk playmore ain't backing up that system so why not make it for x-box live and wii as exclusives.
Yeah, I'd love the next Metal Slug to be some $7 game that is impossible to physically own.

Last edited:

Kaike

Geese's Thug
FairlanePhantom said:
Game should be easy with 98 lives...
so true, i have the Wii comp of Metal Slug. And I am sure i use about 50+ lives to beat each game.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
taitai said:

SHOCK. TROOPERS.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I think a new MS is cool especially for DS if they utilize the dual screens and touch screen that'd be great and with wifi multi player my god that'd be a great game! :)

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Terry330 said:
Fucking hell they should have quit after 1, seriously.

Fixed for the truth.

but im intrested i this and That Metal slug clone coming out the ds aswell.

Neoray

New Challenger
Setsuna1982 said:
Maybe there's still talented people in the world and make it awesome

I doubt it, its just gonna be another copy and paste game like the last 3 or 4, shit I lost count.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Neo Alec said:
You picked a great time to stop using your PSP, what with it being a real system by now and everything.
Bah, I lost interest in it a long time ago. All I ever used it for was emulation and homebrew (for the most part). I'll admit it has quite a few worthwhile games,but I've felt that several of the games I bought weren't worth the $40 price tag, despite being good games. Of course, there were games that were worth far more than the $20 price tag I paid, so go figure.

I'm holding on to it in case anything comes along I want, but for a "carry with me" system, it was never that. The size alone dictates that.

But that discussion is for another thread :p

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
You never know how anything in the future will turn out. That includes games.

It may suck, it may not. I'll reserve judgment until I've played it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
They should have quit after 1, actually.

They acrtually did, as MS1 was the one and only made by Nazca. :)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
metal-slug-7-20070920045928684.jpg

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/964/964931/imgs_1.html

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
LoneSage said:
I can't help but feel angry that one of the greatest arcade series is now relegated to a handheld.

I know, it's stupid to talk about a video game's honor or whatever it is that makes me feel this way, but...it's Metal Slug. To continue the main series on the DS, and not make it an offshoot like MSA, just doesn't feel right.

same here i'm pissed, this should be a spinoff. i blame Doki Doki Majo Shinpan. though i do love the logo.

fuck.:oh_no:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm glad that at least one level features the traditional grunts, we'll see how the other levels are.