'Metal Slug Awakening' ['Metal Slug Code J'] (2021) (Android and iOS)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Why “Awakening”? Why not “Forever”, or “Extreme”, or “Unleashed” or something with “black” in it?

How do producers chose which played the fuck out word to add to the name of a sequel?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, I'll give them this, they definitely nailed down how the game would/should look in 3D.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Modern, a bit strange yes, but why not

--

Edit : you can download XAPK here, it's F2P

I have played 5min... and uninstalled lol.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm wondering how the F2P mechanics are going to work, but I'm sure they'll ruin it with difficulty paywalls.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Because it looks pretty darn good and might be fun to play if the F2P mechanics aren't more predatory bullshit.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
why are you guys even interested in this
Jesus Christ the gameplay video, now I’m really wondering why this thread was even bumped, let alone why it made people download shady APKs to play it

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Remember when the PS2 3D Metal Slug seemed like an abomination? Good times
It's an okay game with good music, terrible camera, fussy controls, and cheesy cut scenes. The team at SNK that handled it didn't have enough similar work under their belt, and no matter what they did it would never live up to the beloved pixel art of the original.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
It's an okay game with good music, terrible camera, fussy controls, and cheesy cut scenes. The team at SNK that handled it didn't have enough similar work under their belt, and no matter what they did it would never live up to the beloved pixel art of the original.

I actually like it quite a bit. It’s just “funny” to compare it to this mobile trash and see how far things have fallen.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I actually like it quite a bit. It’s just “funny” to compare it to this mobile trash and see how far things have fallen.
I need to go back and read the thread from 2006. I don't think this post would have gone over very well.