Metal Slug Tactics announced.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Pleasant surprise of the year, I'm definitely buying that game! Great isometric art.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Steam page is up:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So only on pc? What the fuck. This looks like it would make a much better mobile game than what they currently have.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I've been wondering why it took so long to see, that SNK's IPs, once liberated from their arcade corset, have huge potential to be put into other genres. So many great characters, like completed blueprints, just waiting to be used in gaming concepts, which arcades couldn't exploit. Hopefully this one will be successful enough to give us other games. I'd be down for an action-adventure Metal Gear type game, set in the Metal Slug world.

Metal Slug Solid

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
So only on pc? What the fuck. This looks like it would make a much better mobile game than what they currently have.
I'm sure it'll get ported to other systems soon.

Weirdly, it might take longer (if at all) for a mobile release because it's (likely) not being monetized with gatcha shite.

Sol_Badguy01

Mr. Big's Thug
Looks good. (iMMA mETAL slug fan, and a tactics fan)
Id try it. Hopefully no P2W gorbich

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Any insight as to the release date?

I’d buy a Switch for this.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I've been wondering why it took so long to see, that SNK's IPs, once liberated from their arcade corset, have huge potential to be put into other genres. So many great characters, like completed blueprints, just waiting to be used in gaming concepts, which arcades couldn't exploit. Hopefully this one will be successful enough to give us other games. I'd be down for an action-adventure Metal Gear type game, set in the Metal Slug world.
Now that would be a instant buy game!

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Seems very promising indeed ...Not sure I've played a tactics game since front mission / tactics orgre ...

Would be even more jazz'ed if someone could find the execution for a real metal slug reboot, but yeah interesting stuff.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Switch version confirmed today:

Dotemu said:
Developed by Leikir Studio, Metal Slug Tactics, a grid-based tactical adaptation of the iconic run-and-gun METAL SLUG series, is bringing the fight to Nintendo Switch during Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase presentation. News of Metal Slug Tactics’ Switch deployment follows the game’s previously confirmed arrival on PC via Steam, with both tours beginning in 2022. Paired with gorgeous pixel art and fluid animation which faithfully channels the series’ timeless aesthetic, this new footage of frontline powerhouses Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarma rolling out to battle from a headquarters packed with nods to the long-running series’ history. The team returns with their signature arsenal - including the reliable heavy machine gun and devastating SVX-15D Slugnoid mech - as they face down fresh tactical fights. Music by Tee Lopes ©SNK CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ©2021 DOTEMU ALL RIGHT RESERVED. GAME DEVELOPED BY LEIKIR STUDIO

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm still so so about this but I do have to admit it looks nice.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've never been a fan of games with an isometric view ('Actraiser' > 'Populous'), but those animated scenes in the trailers made me want to see an a anime of 'Metal Slug' done with at least this quality.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Still no release date unless anyone has seen something else, everything I can find online is just the same news and write-ups from last summer just listing 2022.

So seems kinda unlikely that it'll be Q1 if we still don't have a date.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Still no release date unless anyone has seen something else, everything I can find online is just the same news and write-ups from last summer just listing 2022.

So seems kinda unlikely that it'll be Q1 if we still don't have a date.

The developer got acquired by another company a couple days ago, but no other news, no release date.