Metal slug x cart keeps flashing

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Recently purchased x cart acts like its going to start but then infinitely restarts after the green screen. Boards feel a little loose but not sure if that matters. I've tried cleaning it and putting it in a million times to no avail.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is the game legit? Is this a multi slot board in a cab? CMVS? What's the setup? Do you get garbled graphics or anything?

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
It's legit to my knowledge, bought from a reputable seller here. I'm running it on a Vogatek/mv-1c. I get the colored pixel and then the green screen but then it restarts like a dirty nes/snes game infinitely.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Voltage issue, maybe? Though I'm not sure why MSX would be more problematic, I could see if it was a Chinese warez multicart having issues. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm baffled, everything else works perfectly with no issues including other metal slugs.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Have you tried clearing the backup ram? Slug X also has an altera protection chip that is prone to failure so it might be on it's last legs. If any of your boards has a unibios on it, run the crc check and see if all the banks pass.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I did you a solid and tested slug X on the one slot before I mailed it to you. I'm PMing you with tracking info now.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
So the 1f board plays x just fine, anyone know why that is? On a related note my scart cable shit the bed today so I can't play anyway. Anyone know a decent seller of scart cables or anywhere to buy them in the US so I don't have to go all weekend without my neo fix?

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
So does the Altera chip inside a Aes Metal Slug X cart prone to the same failure as the MVS counterpart?

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
So does this occur when you play the game for long periods of time, or when you don't play the game does it still fail? If that makes sense.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
You risk the death of the Altera chip (and any electronic parts) when you turn the hardware on and off. The time during warmup is a bit less harmful. The sad reality is nearly all electronics work best either not powered on or left on for long periods of time.

This is all assuming the electricity you're using is of good quality. If the grid is dirty or the DC adapter is bad, that also risks the death of electronics.

Last edited:

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
Thanks HeavyMachineGun, I actually own a Metal Slug X Aes cart. I was thinking of turning it into a coaster for my drinks if it died. Lol! I read you can get it to work again if it dies.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If your Slug X stops working, you can move all the P and V chips to a PROGBK1 and replace the P1 ROM with an patched EPROM.

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
Man I don't know how to do any of that tech stuff. Lol! I would have to pay someone to do it. Then wouldn't be considered a conversion cart or bootleg copy then?