Metal Slug X MVS Cartridge Questions

ConstitutionalCommando

New Challenger
I just purchased a Metal Slug X MVS cartridge and there's no music until the player select screen. Also, the rescued POW names are written in Japanese at the end of the level. The cartridge looks legit, matches the MVS scans and was shipped from Italy. Does MSX normally have music during the credit screens or whatever you call it? I'm not sure why the names are showing up in Japanese when my region setting is set to Europe.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I just purchased a Metal Slug X MVS cartridge and there's no music until the player select screen. Also, the rescued POW names are written in Japanese at the end of the level. The cartridge looks legit, matches the MVS scans and was shipped from Italy. Does MSX normally have music during the credit screens or whatever you call it? I'm not sure why the names are showing up in Japanese when my region setting is set to Europe.
It may be uni-bios related. I know that 4.0 has some issues with it that are listed on the site.
BB

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Is there a setting for turning off the sound in Attract mode?

EDIT: Another question, is this being played on an AES via some kind of adaptor doodad?

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So is there an option for turning sound off in Attract mode? This would be a soft DIP.

And do all your settings make sense? That is, are you in Japan region with text set to English or anything like that?

I’m %99.9 sure the game is fine but you only need a screwdriver to check. If it’s all name brand mask ROMs then it’s real.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It reads like you're going to have clear your backup ram...
There is also an area where the attract mode can have sound or be muted in the setup menu.
BB