MGS4 trophy patch is up

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
If anyone cares. Also adds the ability to install the entire game at once, which is much better than the old way. They deleted the MG Online section from the main menu too, for obvious reasons.

I still think its kind of weird that they did this at all, but I'm glad they did. I might actually try to platinum MGS4, it would be the first game I did that with.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
nice I've been thinking of playing through MGS4 again sometime soon, I think it's the only MGS game I only beat once or twice (i bet I've played through 1 and 3 like 30 times each). I have a lot of replay value left, especially now.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah my new PS3 just came in today so I've been downloading and installing games for hours. MGS4 is in the PS3 as I speak but i'ma have to wait a bit longer before I install. Plus I hear its a fucking beefy install. Like 9 GB beefy.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
It took about 15 minutes to install, not much more than installing a 360 game really. I got it all set up tonight but I didn't actually play it yet.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Well hopefully i'll playing in a few more minutes. Just gotta finish installing Virtua Fighter.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
This gives me a good reason to go through this again. It's been a minute since I've played and beaten the game. Well that is if I have time to play it.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Damn, you guys who want to platinum this game will have to play it around 8-9 times. I don't have it in me to go through all that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are trophies automatically awarded for completed games, or do you need to start from scratch?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Yep, a couple months ago or so.

This is what I can't stand about gaming these days. The paid-for DLC wasn't enough to keep the servers up? The platinum hits status of the game wasn't enough to keep the servers up?

Granted, MGO did almost nothing but tick me off right up to the point where I ragequitted and never went back to it again because of horrible netcode or cheating, but it did some totally unique things. I remember one time where an enemy soldier was CQCing a soldier on my side, so I went into FPS mode and took him out with a headshot and freed my guy. It was pretty sweet.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It just won't be the same experience without watching Old Snake smoke a cig every couple of hours. It just won't.

This is worse than the Star Wars special editions which I'm told ruined my childhood (those VHS tapes some how went back in time and molested me, apparently?).

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What really soured me on MGO was the need to create an account outside of PSN - and then when I went to play it for the third of fourth time, it asked for my credentials and I was all "okay, I guess that it's for MGO."

Online play experience are always more fun in my mind than they are in practice.

Everything save for SSFIV's online services drive me nuts.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
This is what I can't stand about gaming these days. The paid-for DLC wasn't enough to keep the servers up? The platinum hits status of the game wasn't enough to keep the servers up?

Granted, MGO did almost nothing but tick me off right up to the point where I ragequitted and never went back to it again because of horrible netcode or cheating, but it did some totally unique things. I remember one time where an enemy soldier was CQCing a soldier on my side, so I went into FPS mode and took him out with a headshot and freed my guy. It was pretty sweet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 had paid DLC?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Online play experience are always more fun in my mind than they are in practice.

Everything save for SSFIV's online services drive me nuts.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's online experience is pretty nice, I like how you can choose to just spectate in the lobbies.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Now that the trophies have been introduced, I learned that I actually don't know as much as I thought I did about this game. For starters that you can actually give the rebels your rations in exchange for items. Probably a bunch of other stuff I don't know about. Can't wait to find out :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
All of the MGS games are like that. It's crazy how much detail is hidden in this game, as well as MGS2 and 3. After I beat the games a few times I'll look at the strategy guide (MGS series strategy guides are some of the few that are really worth it) and see all the insane shit that's hidden in the game.

A personal favorite is Snake getting caught masturbating by Otakon in MGS2.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
All of the MGS games are like that. It's crazy how much detail is hidden in this game, as well as MGS2 and 3. After I beat the games a few times I'll look at the strategy guide (MGS series strategy guides are some of the few that are really worth it) and see all the insane shit that's hidden in the game.

A personal favorite is Snake getting caught masturbating by Otakon in MGS2.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Wish I hadn't just replayed it a couple of months ago.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I was kind of disappointed that trophies weren't retroactive, but I'm still giving it my best shot to obtain the platinum on this. If I can earn this, maybe it'll give me the oomph to go back to MGS2 and try to plat that.