Microsoft acquires ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Glitches in those games rarely effected my gameplay and I'd like to see a company making games that big and still playable. EA can't even make the simple games bug free, reason why I haven't touched eagames in years.

Agreed, and the majority of the glitches are people we massive plugin packs.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Glitches in those games rarely effected my gameplay and I'd like to see a company making games that big and still playable. EA can't even make the simple games bug free, reason why I haven't touched eagames in years.

I don't know about you...but Fallout NV was so horribly glitched on the PS3, you couldn't finish the game. Expansion pack or no, that game was fatally flawed.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Did you play fallout 4 and 76? You clearly didn’t.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Did you play fallout 4 and 76? You clearly didn’t.

I played over 400 hours off fallout 4 and don't play online so no 76, so yes, I clearly did.
Stop assuming things you don't know about.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I don't know about you...but Fallout NV was so horribly glitched on the PS3, you couldn't finish the game. Expansion pack or no, that game was fatally flawed.

On the ps3, yes it was. I also played the 360 version, that was a lot better. Bethesda games on playstation were always worse than on a pc or an xbox.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Elder Scrolls sucks shit anyway, The Witcher is where it's at

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They’re fundamentally two different games.

1 is story driven, 1 is a sandbox open world.

I agree that the Witcher 3 is objectively better than a lot of Bethesda’s recent stuff.

Witcher 3 is just a phenomenal game.

Fallout 4 was Bethesda’s worst game in years. Boring, completely uninspired, the story actually didn’t matter one bit and no decision you made carried any weight. I was bored to tears and the fact you really couldn’t be a good guy was alarming.

I’d argue Fallout 76 is now a better game than FO4, but 76 still feels like an experiment - like they really had no idea what they wanted the game to be and how to keep players engaged. It’s getting better and I played quite a bit of it this summer with friends. I actually bought the game on release (I know, I know) but was only able to get friends to play with me once it came to gamepass.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

There's a reason why their games have earned a reputation for being very buggy. Personally speaking, on the PC, without mods, I've run into all kinds of interesting bugs and quirks. Fallout 76 is the most obvious example, and it wasn't all due solely to the developer releasing an undercooked product. Mods can admittedly throw in some conflicts and issues, but it's not uncommon to have those issues arise because of a fundamental issue with the game engine rather than the mods themselves.

The fact remains that there's bugs in this engine that, 20 years on, still exist. It needs to be tossed in the bin and either a new one created or a different one licensed. With what The Outer Worlds accomplished with Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine 5 should handle whatever open world shenanigans Bethesda throws at it.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

I replayed Skyrim on my PSVR.
I have a bug in a expansion dlc pack and now I can't play the game anymore.

I discovered the location of the castle first before I found that vampire girl.

Now the dude at the gate won't open up the castle and I have her with me. He just keeps telling me to "go away".

She follows me around and I can't get rid of her.
She says "oh no you won't get rid of me that easily"
Since she's a vampire she's always complaining about the daylight...and everything else.

They've known about this bug for 8 years.

Since these games crash so much I have 1 million save game files and don't know which is the most recent and I'm probably talking about weeks of lost playtime.

No all American game companies do a total crap job of quality control.
They stopped releasing a properly polished and tested game 15+ years ago.
Before that they couldn't make a good enjoyable and playable game.

Especially now these days with online, dlc and updates.
They totally don't care they'll sell a broken game to you and maybe fix it down the road.

This is perfect though in the aspect of they can't or don't want to properly port games over to any of the PlayStation systems anyways.

Unfortunately Microsoft will probably just end up running them into the ground and putting them out of business

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Doubtful.

MS has owned Mojang for how long and they continue to be successful?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Doubtful.

MS has owned Mojang for how long and they continue to be successful?

Five years, they can't help it if people are still playing and buying basically the same game eleven years later.

My kids love Minecraft, always looked stupid to me. So in the last few months I've purchased for them on three platforms. Windows Android and Switch. I have a pirated copy on the Vita as well.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Minecraft is an excellent game. Continuously updated since its launch, for free.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Minecraft is an excellent game. Continuously updated since its launch, for free.

I can't argue with that. I wish that it had more meat to it now...or more detailed building materials but yes, it is a solid game.

My daughter still plays it on our PS3...yes, the crusty old console I bought back in 2008. It not only still works 100%, they still update it, which completely blows my mind.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I can't argue with that. I wish that it had more meat to it now...or more detailed building materials but yes, it is a solid game.

My daughter still plays it on our PS3...yes, the crusty old console I bought back in 2008. It not only still works 100%, they still update it, which completely blows my mind.

If for no other reason, the PS3 will continue getting updates because so many people use it as a Blu Ray player.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Its really good news for me, I already use GamePass Ultimate and been playing ESO since this corona started. For some reason I always prefer to use the Xbox in games that have been PC based before.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Doom Eternal on Gamepass Oct 1. Looking forward to playing that. I’m playing Rage 2 at the moment. Decent fun, hoping for more scripted areas to use all these cool powers you get.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
If for no other reason, the PS3 will continue getting updates because so many people use it as a Blu Ray player.

That's the primary reason why I still use it. It has been acting up lately...I wonder how much life the old girl still has in her.