Microsoft buying Activision blizzard for 68.7 billion

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Well it sounds like they're going to continue making games for Playstation, Xbox, and PC so I'm not sure how that's different from Destiny and Destiny 2.

Microsoft buys Activision who will continue making games for Playstation, Sony buys Bungie who will continue making games for Xbox and Windows. So who really cares?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Just change boss at the top , game wise I think they still control their creative and maybe just have a deal to do a exclusive down the road . Everybody is a potential customers .

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Had lol. Destiny is meh after about an hour for me. I still like OG Halo tho.
too bad bungie can't touch Halo....

Bungie has 1 game with a shrinking playerbase. Sony is paying Minecraft money for a game with no mobile presence.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think it's a wise purchase and money well spent in the long run. The end game is where it's at. Sony has to bring in some more studios.for when videogame armageddon takes place

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
too bad bungie can't touch Halo....

Bungie has 1 game with a shrinking playerbase. Sony is paying Minecraft money for a game with no mobile presence.

My guess is they have a new IP in development and close to release.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
My guess is they have a new IP in development and close to release.
Thats exactly what they need to do for their D2 playerbase - delay their minor, empty DLC's even more so by splitting their workforce to other flights of fancy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Thats exactly what they need to do for their D2 playerbase - delay their minor, empty DLC's even more so by splitting their workforce to other flights of fancy.

I truly loved Destiny 1 but I jumped ship on Destiny 2 even before the first DLC came out. It just did nothing for me.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
…nothing, I’m pretty sure. It doesn’t pay dividends anyway. Besides, Nintendo seems to be doing just fine without them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well it sounds like they're going to continue making games for Playstation, Xbox, and PC so I'm not sure how that's different from Destiny and Destiny 2.

Microsoft buys Activision who will continue making games for Playstation, Sony buys Bungie who will continue making games for Xbox and Windows. So who really cares?
I suspect we'll see some Blizzard IPs become Xbox/PC Exclusives.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
New York Times still made the biggest scoop purchase of the last month.