Microsoft buying Activision blizzard for 68.7 billion

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
FPS dominance ended a decade ago. Every game now is a third-person open-world action game with RPG elements (aka Sony's entire library of games). Or the indie games which are 90% Metroidvanias and rogue-lites/likes with fucking cards.
Maybe on consoles to some degree but like Norton said your average dingus is still playing COD, Halo along with yearly Sports and Racing series. COD is still popular but a lot people have switched over to some new hyper technical Russian FPS on the PC, my nephew never shuts up about it. Then there's Fortnight, Apex, LOL, PUBG, Roblox and Minecraft. Obviously not all FPS but all multiplayer with sales numbers that dwarf even big titles like GOW or Uncharted.

None of those people even know what Hollow Knight, Hades or Bloodbourne are.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Have fun with your Call of Duty and 4 wheeler games.
Have fun mansplaining to your children why this version of a Rolling Stones LP is worth purchasing versus this other one while they whine at you because what they wanted to do with there Saturday was go to Tina's bday party but instead you convinced (forced) them to ride around in a mini van all day going to yard sales digging through garbage to resell so you could afford this month's house payment.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Have fun mansplaining to your children why this version of a Rolling Stones LP is worth purchasing versus this other one while they whine at you because what they wanted to do with there Saturday was go to Tina's bday party but instead you convinced (forced) them to ride around in a mini van all day going to yard sales digging through garbage to resell so you could afford this month's house payment.
Wait whut

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'll mention it next next time when we are playing Mario or another AAA title together.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Wait whut
Norton not only practices and fails at the Socratic method, he also fails at life by paying his bills via digging through trash and reselling it online. You may have missed this episode in the Neo fag-lore canon while you were away.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Maybe on consoles to some degree but like Norton said your average dingus is still playing COD, Halo along with yearly Sports and Racing series. COD is still popular but a lot people have switched over to some new hyper technical Russian FPS on the PC, my nephew never shuts up about it. Then there's Fortnight, Apex, LOL, PUBG, Roblox and Minecraft. Obviously not all FPS but all multiplayer with sales numbers that dwarf even big titles like GOW or Uncharted.

None of those people even know what Hollow Knight, Hades or Bloodbourne are.

I probably should've been more specific. Sure, CoD is still successful (though not on the level it was 10 years ago) and Halo does well (although there hadn't been one in half a decade until Infinite came out). And obviously there's Fortnite.

But the years where all of the "AAA" games (the space where copycats run rampant) churned out are FPSs is long over.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
he also fails at life by payibg his bills via digging through trash and reselling it online.
I rarely sell anything online..

And I'm good at what I do. Whereas most collectards dump tons of money on junk, my hobbies well more than pay for themselves.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Hey Norton. Have you ever considered eating the barrel of a gun?

(socratic method)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
My initial reaction was "oh yay... a new Mortal Kombat with Master Chief in it...." until I realized Activision doesn't own Mortal Kombat anymore. :ROFLMAO:

100proof

10 Year Member
Give MS a minute... Warner Bros has been trying to dump off their gaming division for a couple of years now.

100proof

10 Year Member
Correct. Rocksteady (Arkham Asylum/City/Knight) and WB Montreal (Arkham Origins) are both owned by WB.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
4 was all I needed to make an opinion.

Enjoy your Halo and Call of Duty games guys.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Norton, you are a disgusting animal.

No seriously.

If you get diarrhea all over yourself you need to go home, not continue to hang out. It's actually a health hazard.