Midterm election 2022

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
How'd today's election go in your neck of the woods? There was a really good turnout in my city, especially for a midterm election. I went to vote around 2:30 and all of the polling stations were full and I had to wait in line for about 10 minutes to do mine. In addition to candidate positions, three proposals were on the ballot: legislators having to disclose assets, voting rights, and protecting women's reproductive decisions.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
In the six years I’ve lived in this area of metro Detroit, I’ve never had to wait in line to vote. Easy Peezy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So is democracy over or nah?

Not sure but hopefully the text messages I get, especially the ones targeting elections in a county I haven’t resided in for almost eight years, are over.

Some motherfucker even had the audacity to knock on my door and leave a pamphlet!

I am old enough to to sit on my porch with my Garand yet?

Still need to put up my “Solicitors and Canvassers are trespassing” sign.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
America is Rome waiting on a Nero regardless of what happens this evening but this is further proof that Repubs probably should stop trying to elect D-tier celebrities to public office or at least stop letting waterhead Trump pick their candidates for them.

Honestly, I'm just happy we might be getting rid of Boebert. Not having to see that lunch-shift stripper on the House floor is almost worth losing the House.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like that crazy ass Republican who said MTG was a “fake conservative” because if she was a real conservative she would be at home being obedient to her husband.

LMFAO.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Who am I kidding though, once all the election results are in we’ll gear up for 2024 which will inevitably be another clusterfuck. I can’t wait to see who is running :emb:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Who am I kidding though, once all the election results are in we’ll gear up for 2024 which will inevitably be another clusterfuck. I can’t wait to see who is running :emb:
It takes too much of a mental toll on the average American. This is true.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'm just glad I was there for the most important election of my lifetime, can't wait for the next one to be even more important.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Not sure but hopefully the text messages I get, especially the ones targeting elections in a county I haven’t resided in for almost eight years, are over.

Some motherfucker even had the audacity to knock on my door and leave a pamphlet!

I am old enough to to sit on my porch with my Garand yet?

Still need to put up my “Solicitors and Canvassers are trespassing” sign.
California bro, You can't afford a porch and your Garand has just been banned.

Voted about 0730 at the local library.
It was steady but I wouldn't call t busy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
No red wave; Beto ate shit in Uvalde.

We want our 'bortions and our guns.

How do I pad this into a column?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think everyone I voted for lost. Democracy is weak, it's time for the geese to rule.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I think everyone I voted for lost. Democracy is weak, it's time for the geese to rule.
Geese Howard, yes, the birds, not so much. I'd pay good money to watch Mr. Howard settle domestic and international disputes with a Deadly Rave or Raising Storm.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nevada is still up in the air due to a 20% or so of the ballots not yet counted due to them being mailed in or submitted as mail yesterday.

Glad to see the red wave was more of a red cup of water.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm just going ahead with calling it a blue wave considering how well they bucked expectations and history.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm just glad I was there for the most important election of my lifetime, can't wait for the next one to be even more important.

Hilarious, but yeah, that's Politics 101. People don't go polls when they're happy. You need to keep everyone on edge.