Midterm election 2022

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Trump is a different kind of dingbat. He's wrong, uneducated, dangerously plows ahead into stuff he has zero experience in, lies reflexively, and makes shit up.

It's this kind of disingenousness that is so fucking tiresome. There's no conflict. I said right in that post that I think neither of them should be president. Just because I think Biden is no longer fit for office doesn't somehow make me for Trump.

I disagree, the comparison is inevitable when you open up that kind of discussion. The right owns those talking poet points unfortunately.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Need to stop electing people to office over the age of 70. What is it that makes these geriatrics so alluring? Maybe we should ask @M
You'd think putting a pair of coffin dodgers forwards would at least mean an election free of sex scandals, and yet there was biden touching up anyone who would go near him and trump grabbing whatever pussy would accommodate his mushroom dick. Gross.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I disagree, the comparison is inevitable when you open up that kind of discussion. The right owns those talking poet points unfortunately.
Does the left own denial and hand waving? Think about the position you're taking.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
You'd think putting a pair of coffin dodgers forwards would at least mean an election free of sex scandals, and yet there was biden touching up anyone who would go near him and trump grabbing whatever pussy would accommodate his mushroom dick. Gross.
If his dick is a mushroom, then he was born in the Mushroom Kingdom, and thus not eligible for the presidency, and he's likely also a double agent for Bowser. Do any of us know Trump's stance on flying turtles? We do not, but, by God, since Captain Lou Albano is gone, Chris Pratt is going to find out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Does the left own denial and hand waving? Think about the position you're taking.

That’s a hefty accusation right there. The position I’m taking as I’m not gonna play this fucking game and I’m sticking to the party I believe follows my values. If you want to sit there and have your little inner, party conflict and complain, go ahead. Kick rocks for all I give a fuck.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That’s a hefty accusation right there.
It's not an accusation I was making. I was asking if you're okay living your life that way.
The position I’m taking as I’m not gonna play this fucking game and I’m sticking to the party I believe follows my values.
Come on, you can't be serious. The party line soliloquizes your values (and mine), but you'd have to be a joe8 or something to actually believe the party follows those values. It's like the epic chasm between the ideal of America and the reality. Get fucking real.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
It's not an accusation I was making. I was asking if you're okay living your life that way.

Come on, you can't be serious. The party line soliloquizes your values (and mine), but you'd have to be a joe8 or something to actually believe the party follows those values. It's like the epic chasm between the ideal of America and the reality. Get fucking real.
the less voters devote themselves to any party, the better. even when deciding between shit choices...sometimes the democrat is better and sometimes the republican is better. i would never blindly vote someone in just because of their party affiliation.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

No, I don’t fully believe they follow my values. It’s impossible. I have some things that are probably in line with Republican values but when it comes down to it, I’m watching one party, make false accusations take away women’s rights among other things that the left just doesn’t do and it’s outweighing everything else in life.

I don’t like to get bogged down with culture wars about trans rights and other bullshit and I don’t think religion has any place in our government.

No doubt about it, Democrats are not perfect but there isn’t really an alternative because I would rather drink poison than vote Republican.

Trust me when I say that it’s a hard pill to swallow, but there is no room for moderates in this day and age.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Trust me when I say that it’s a hard pill to swallow, but there is no room for moderates in this day and age.
You're everything that is wrong with modern politics. Both extremes are fucked. And the "My side, right or wrong" mentality is for rednecks and children.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
You're everything that is wrong with modern politics. Both extremes are fucked. And the "My side, right or wrong" mentality is for rednecks and children.

It’s apathy like yours that allowed extremist to come into power. Single issue voters destroyed anything rational about politics. Keep complaining and losing sight of the big picture while America teeters on the edge of fascism and religious theocracy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It’s apathy like yours
Refusing to abdicate thinking doesn't equal apathy. You know what's even worse than single issue voters? Mindless asshole straight-ticket voters. Which, like your idiotic "My team, right or wrong" mentality, used to be solely the purview of the right.

2976108519_0154a1d8dc_o.jpg

Congrats on adopting more of the imbicile right playbook.

You say you think religion has no place in politics, and I agree. So stop fucking treating it like one.
while America teeters on the edge of fascism and religious theocracy.
You're really all in, aren't you?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Refusing to abdicate thinking doesn't equal apathy. You know what's even worse than single issue voters? Mindless asshole straight-ticket voters. Which, like your idiotic "My team, right or wrong" mentality, used to be solely the purview of the right.

2976108519_0154a1d8dc_o.jpg

Congrats on adopting more of the imbicile right playbook.

You say you think religion has no place in politics, and I agree. So stop fucking treating it like one.

You're really all in, aren't you?

You really did spell imbecile incorrectly, huh? I guess your thing is to insult people. I said you’re apathetic you called me an idiot. Perhaps take a step back and calm down there with your emotions, buddy.

You can keep ranting and rambling on and on about some stupid ass shit about me going all in or whatever the fuck you want to say but the point is people on the left and independents banded together to prevent MAGA candidates from getting in office, and that was the right thing to do especially with the dangerous vitriol they were spitting.

They’ve called for violence, they’ve called for stricter rules on elections for no fucking reason, seared judges who have taken our politics to the right instead of the center ,and they normalize fascism. You can twist and turn it anyway you want to and I hope that makes you feel better like you’re above working towards a common goal.

Kari Lake, Dr Oz, Tudor Dixon, etc can all fuck off to oblivion.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
We need blockchain voting

Attachments

• gdsbhh.jpeg
    gdsbhh.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 9

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I said you’re apathetic you called me an idiot.
Guess I'm not apathetic.
They’ve called for violence, they’ve called for stricter rules on elections for no fucking reason, seared judges who have taken our politics to the right instead of the center ,and they normalize fascism.
They, they, they. You'd make a great xenophobe. No one is denying the horrible things the right does. But as long as people like you refuse to call out your own side when they also do horrible shit, nothing will ever improve. You treat politics with all the thought and objectivity of a soccer hooligan.

Kari Lake, Dr Oz, Tudor Dixon can all fuck off to oblivion. So can DeSantis, Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebert, and a ton of others. But so can Pelosi. And Gavin Newsom.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Guess I'm not apathetic.

They, they, they. You'd make a great xenophobe. No one is denying the horrible things the right does. But as long as people like you refuse to call out your own side when they also do horrible shit, nothing will ever improve. You treat politics with all the thought and objectivity of a soccer hooligan.

As long as people like you keep holding one side to some impossible standard while the other side butt fucks the constitution yet keeps getting reelected, the problem will persist.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
As long as people like you keep holding one side to some impossible standard
It shouldn't be an impossible standard. You're right that I do hold the left to a higher standard because the Democrats are supposed to be the party of compassion. Meanwhile, when the right puts forward something offensively hurtful to a huge portion of humanity, how surprised are you supposed to act? But you don't become the right to fight the right.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well. No matter how many gaffes Biden makes, it's good to remember the seemingly unlimited access news media has to him. It's easy to paint anyone as a buffoon in that regard. So many other countries carefully curate the image of their leader, so in contrast to them Biden may appear incompetent. But we can see whatever the news can get, we only see what other countries' governments allow us to. God bless America and all its numerous freedoms.

Reactions: @M

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Biden has been a gaffe machine for 40 years. Guy had a serious speech impediment growing up and while he largely got over it, he constantly trips on his words and always has. Not saying that 78-year-olds should be president but the "Biden has dementia" thing is entirely an invention of the conservative media bubble.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Biden has been a gaffe machine for 40 years. Guy had a serious speech impediment growing up and while he largely got over it, he constantly trips on his words and always has. Not saying that 78-year-olds should be president but the "Biden has dementia" thing is entirely an invention of the conservative media bubble.
And Biden handshaking the invisible man is not a sign of dementia either.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
And Biden handshaking the invisible man is not a sign of dementia either.
Yep. There a plenty of days I'm tired enough, if I had to do a bunch of meet-and-greets and give speeches, I can see myself turning the wrong direction and doing that easy. Hell, I'd be lucky if it was the worst thing I did that day.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yep. There a plenty of days I'm tired enough, if I had to do a bunch of meet-and-greets and give speeches, I can see myself turning the wrong direction and doing that easy. Hell, I'd be lucky if it was the worst thing I did that day.
Dude, there was no one near him.