Midterm election 2022

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is Trump planning to run as an independent? I have a hard time believing the republican party would allow themselves to go through that again no matter how much their dumb base might want it. And I'm not sure as much of their dumb base wants it as much as they did 2 years ago.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Challenge the king?

Do you mean Charles?

Because we don’t have a king in this country and haven’t since 1776.
Figure of speech... but we could use another 1776.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
A fallen soldier of the infowar.

I liked most of what Trump said in his speech. Will DeSantis challenge the king? Either way, Florida is taking over!
A Prez Trump Vp DeSantis would be a game, set, match. Too bad they don't get along.

Reactions: wyo

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
A Prez Trump Vp DeSantis would be a game, set, match. Too bad they don't get along.
Hey, it could happen. I think the division between the two is more of a media narrative than reality.

Tulsi Gabbard would be a good pick for VP as well.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
After Trump tried to have his last vice president murdered, only a moron would take the position. And while DeSantis is many things, a moron is not one of them. Plus Trump only accepts bootlickers in his inner circle and Ron doesn't seem like the type to kiss the ring.

100proof

10 Year Member
I don't think that's true. Source?

Basically you can but you automatically forfeit that state as a ticket has to have at least one person not from that state to be eligible. And since the Republican party wouldn't be able to win the electoral college without Florida, either Trump or DeSantis would have to set up a permanent residence in another state before the election to get around it (not particularly difficult... Dick Cheney was living in TX in 2000 but sold his Dallas home and moved back to Wyoming before the election).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is Pelosi stepping down from Democratic leadership in the next Congress the silver lining of this election?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Considering the BMI, and fast food hardened arteries of the average anti-government revolutionary; I'm not worried.
Hey, they don't need fitness when they've got the latest body armor from Aliexpress.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is Pelosi stepping down from Democratic leadership in the next Congress the silver lining of this election?
Great first step. I'n my dream world, I'd love to see her and Trump in orange jumpsuits, chained together, driving rail spikes off the side of the highway on a blistering summer day.

• Love
Reactions: wyo

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Great first step. I'n my dream world, I'd love to see her and Trump in orange jumpsuits, chained together, driving rail spikes off the side of the highway on a blistering summer day.
Picking up fast food wrappers and garbage would be far more suitable for Trump.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The huge concern over Hunter's laptop is laughable when you take into consideration Jared making deals with Arab countries and all the other shit Trump's kids have done while Trump was in office. At least Biden keeps his kid away from the workplace.

GOP is a joke. Act like they care about Benghazi but turn a blind eye to fake electors, insurrection, dirty Russian money, etc.

If Trump is the nominee, you better bet your ass an ton of people will turn up just to vote against him. It's going to be interesting to see the GOP tear itself apart in the next few years. The only way it could work smoothly is everyone got behind one candidate and I don't feel Trump is the answer. Trump won't let DeSantis take the reigns. I'll say this about him, Trump puts himself over his own party. He doesn't work towards a common goal. You can keep thinking it's about political ideology or passing certain laws, but it's not. It's all about Trump. The next 2 years are going to suck. Every election year since 2000 has been a shit show.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Bo Bo the clown gets to remain in Colorado. All those rat-fucking grifters that wyo and Razo probably like, will remain in office:

Boebert, MTG, Matt Gaetz, Kemp, Abbot

Congrats, I guess. I guess I should get ready to congratulate Senator Herschel "Werewolf" Walker.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Trump puts himself over his own party.
Well, yeah, obviously. He was a Democrat his entire life until he realized he'd need to change parties to get elected to anything. So of course he doesn't care about his or any other party. It doesn't mean anything to him.

Sad to hear about Boebert. But MTG, what you gonna do? There must be something in the water in Georgia that makes people there even more stupid than they've already traditionally been for them to even elect her once, never mind multiple times. She makes Sarah Palin look like Marie Curie, combined with the face of a badly-drawn comic book horse.

100proof

10 Year Member
Bobo is a walking bad SNL political sketch. She's so comically stupid and boorish that she's beyond parody. A shame we're stuck with her for another two years (imagining the adults in committees having to babysit her everyday makes me sad).