Midwest Gaming Classic

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
of course. but more than likely only one will be with me.

i will have the capacity to take orders though.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
of course. but more than likely only one will be with me.

i will have the capacity to take orders though.
Sweet, I just bought a Big Red so don't have the money for a blast city now, but probably in april I will. My only concern is that I think my door is exactly as wide as a blast city and thats AFTER I remove the door, the big red is 27 inches wide and barely fit maybe an inch or two clearance. The blast is what 29 inches? Dammit why do I have such a narrow door in my apartment :(

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Its too wide width wise on a dolly? Could just drop the cab at the door and put it through sideways?

Oh crap you just saying that made me question my apartment door... Ill need to check that now. Overlooked detail FTL I maybe in trouble :oh_no:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Its too wide width wise on a dolly? Could just drop the cab at the door and put it through sideways?

Oh crap you just saying that made me question my apartment door... Ill need to check that now. Overlooked detail FTL I maybe in trouble :oh_no:
The dolly doesn't add any width

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Looks like I'll be making the trek out from CA. Still need to book airfare but I should be all squared away by this weekend. ;)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
One of the show people asked me to ask the neo community a question:

They want a neo-geo room. this is what was asked:

We're looking for about 6-8 consoles and associated TVs/Displays in the room (between MVS, AES, NGX, Arcade cabs, NG Pocket, etc). Hotel rooms for the volunteers most likely will not be comped but depending on how much is brought, he can probably swing admissions, party access and badges. The NG room obviously is considered a part of the museum area of the show so that would be provided free. The NG crew is of course free to plan a NG.com party of their own if they so choose. Room would need to be set up Friday night or early Saturday morning at the latest. Having someone in the room at all times is really up to the comfort level of the people hosting - theft has never been an issue but a room full of NG stuff would probably need to be watched.Teardown starts after the show ends on Sunday evening.

Given all of that - if we could at least get some word out in the community and see if 2-3 guys would be interested in volunteering, we'd love to see a neo-geo.com presence at the show.

i would partake myself if i wasnt booked solid with my booth. anyone want to help run/ put together a neo room? looks like there would probably be at least some free weekend show passes in it for you guys. though i think any involved may have to work the room a little.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I will also be going, ng.com meat up for sure. Not volunteering for a ng.com room, fdat.

landsharkzero

New Challenger
I've been thinking about going this year. I've never gone to the show before. This is my first "new post", as my original membership on neo-geo.com is inactive for probably 10 years...lol.

vinnyguy

n00b
I'm gonna be there, it'll be my third year going. I'm definitely looking forward to dropping some money in the vendors area. Anybody who's not sure they can make it should really try because there's tons to do there and the organizers claim it's gonna be bigger this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Friend and I went in 2012 and missed 2013. Should be there this year.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
teddyb gonna be here awww shit

Meh, tis in limbo now. Wasn't planning on it but I made "club" at work this year and the trip is planned for overlapping dates with mgc. I just want to take the cash equivalent but waifu seems to want the trip. Dramz ensued. :keke: Still working on it though.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I've not been to one of these before but if I just want to peep around at stuff, check vendors etc is a ticket needed for that?
Just trying to see what getting a ticket would warrant. I'd mostly just like to check around and talk to some neo peeps.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I've not been to one of these before but if I just want to peep around at stuff, check vendors etc is a ticket needed for that?
Just trying to see what getting a ticket would warrant. I'd mostly just like to check around and talk to some neo peeps.

yeah. you need a day pass.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Thanks man.
Order placed, look forward to meeting some of you guys in person.

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
Our Central Wisconsin crew is heading down Friday morning and should be there mid-day. We'll be doing work in the museum and running a TurboFest room!! A room dedicated to the best video game system since the beginning of man. And known before man O_O

One of the show people asked me to ask the neo community a question:

They want a neo-geo room. this is what was asked:

i would partake myself if i wasnt booked solid with my booth. anyone want to help run/ put together a neo room? looks like there would probably be at least some free weekend show passes in it for you guys. though i think any involved may have to work the room a little.

Yeah, who needs that with a Turbografx room!? Check out TurboFest.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Damn, I still need to book a room.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
there is a courtyard by mariott right down the block. brookfield has wised up to that show and have properly inflated the price of the hotels that weekend though.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Our Central Wisconsin crew is heading down Friday morning and should be there mid-day. We'll be doing work in the museum and running a TurboFest room!! A room dedicated to the best video game system since the beginning of man. And known before man O_O

Yeah, who needs that with a Turbografx room!? Check out TurboFest.

Speaking of, I need to speak with one of you guys. I promised BlueBMW and a couple other guys from PCEngineFX that I'd bring my PCE LT and SCD unit for you guys to use in the museum, if you'd like. I was supposed to get in touch with Tony Majors but, haven't heard anything from him yet.

Jon

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
is anyone else terrified of what this show could do to a wallet?

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just placed a bid on Priceline for $45...
...and it gave me the Sheraton where the MGC is going to be held! :)

$59.03 after taxes, and, I'm splitting that with a buddy. Not bad!

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I'm here as well. Have access to the club lounge so we can all come up and relax have drinks and such. TV in lounge so we can play some of teh classics. Hit me up cell # (920) 602-3282