Midwest Gaming Classic

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Just got back from early ticket access. Way different set up than last year. The pinball room is now where the vender hall is, and all the vendor stuff will be outside in tents. 3 Neo geo cabs were already in the hall and 1 of them is a Goldy in decent shape! Super psyched cant wait to meet up!

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I'm here as well. Have access to the club lounge so we can all come up and relax have drinks and such. TV in lounge so we can play some of teh classics. Hit me up cell # (920) 602-3282

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I'm here as well. Have access to the club lounge so we can all come up and relax have drinks and such. TV in lounge so we can play some of teh classics. Hit me up cell # (920) 602-3282

Ill hit you up Jag sometime in the afternoon ill most likely be there most of the day.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Just got back from early ticket access. Way different set up than last year. The pinball room is now where the vender hall is, and all the vendor stuff will be outside in tents. 3 Neo geo cabs were already in the hall and 1 of them is a Goldy in decent shape! Super psyched cant wait to meet up!

those fucking tents...

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
those fucking tents...

I feel for you guys. Hope like hell you guys stay dry, its supposed to rain today. Was talking with one of the security guys they have to have cops patrolling all night. Sadly I can see why they booted the vendor halls outside to make more room for the pinball stuff and the main for the museum

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
Was cool to meet some of you guys at this year's event! I managed to snag some footage of the show even though I spent a majority of the weekend in the TurboFest room. :)
http://youtu.be/INAjcvemYw0

landsharkzero

New Challenger
Nice video. I wish I was able to spend more time there. I went last minute and was only there for a couple hours but it was fun.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
had a great time myself!
spent quite a bit of time chatting with some of the guys at the windy table, scored a couple items i had been looking for.
as the guy who did a good chunk of the setup, what did you think of the fight club area?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The finger of savings was in full effect at quan's and my booth.

pNfWqFg.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
jon has that one. I have not seen it yet.

When I can figure out how to retrieve it from my Vita to my computer, I'll gladly post it. If anyone wants to friend me on PSN, I can send it that way, and you have my permission to post it if you want.

Thoughts on the show:

I still think the venue is too small. They definitely need to do something with tables crowding the hallways and make more room for people. A few of the vendors were in hotel rooms off of the main hall...it might be a good idea to have all/most of them in there. As bad as the pinball room was last year, I will say moving them to where the vendor hall WAS was a smart move. Much more room to move around and, the BO wasn't as prevalent as it was last year.

Now, for the Vendor's tent. The general sense among the vendors was that they were all pretty happy. Sales were, apparently, very good from what I heard from every table. So, relocating didn't affect that, which was the most important thing. What freaked everyone out the most was when the water from the rain started to pour in underneath the tent. I didn't hear about anything getting damaged but, I'm sure it caused everyone a lot of stress. There were also several pinholes in the tarp that really concerned me. So, if they decide to do this venue next year, the floor should probably be elevated several feet and, hopefully, carpeted...because standing for 8+ hours on that hard asphalt really sucked.

I'm hopeful that the other vendors will offer some sort of feedback regarding this and they can make the changes to make everybody happy. While the change should be to change the venue itself to a large convention center...I'm just not sure that's going to happen at this point. Cross your fingers.

Jon

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I wonder what the energy bill was for the hotel this year haha, I've never seen so many CRT/Arcade/Pinball machines in one place. I had a great time and will def be back next year.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Had a good time as well, wish I could have stayed longer. Was able to meet Quan, Chris, Pedro , NTM so that was worth it for me.
Maybe next year we can actually have a beer!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Had a good time as well, wish I could have stayed longer. Was able to meet Quan, Chris, Pedro , NTM so that was worth it for me.
Maybe next year we can actually have a beer!

Damn I must have missed you!

I was at the Windy booth most of the time, but occasionally wandered off to check out other tables and stuff inside the main building.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
We had beer in the turbofest room. between that and working the museum area that was where I was.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I was at the Windy booth most of the time, but occasionally wandered off to check out other tables and stuff inside the main building.

speaking of- i found out that rather than a manageable booth with corners they assigned me a 40' line of tables. Big thanks to turfy, broken, and pedro for jumping in and helping me man the mayhem. srs- i cant thank them enough- i wouldn't have made it without them.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
speaking of- i found out that rather than a manageable booth with corners they assigned me a 40' line of tables. Big thanks to turfy, broken, and pedro for jumping in and helping me man the mayhem. srs- i cant thank them enough- i wouldn't have made it without them.

Next year I am setting up a table next to you and selling only Everdrives.

:keke::keke::keke:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
yeah, i will agree that i think it's time for the show to move, but the next step up will be much more expensive, and i'm not in charge of that....
overall though, i really liked the new layout from what i had time to look around.
didn't spend much time in the arcade hall, personally. but then again i never do.

as far as the vendor's hall goes, i think that there were two things that could have been done to alleviate some of the problems:
sandbags around the edges of the tent, sealing off the water so there's no rivers in the area.
as stated earlier, some kind of platform, even at least just for the tables and the areas for the vendors.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I have to say, I enjoyed this MGC versus last year's. Had a great time with everyone I met from here and spent most of my time between the vendor tent, the museum, plus the Turbofest room. Also, the Guys, Games, and Beer team and Ben Heck' s room were great fun.The hotel was pretty lax with people drinking and walking around. There were no incidents reported aside from some people getting cut off at the bar.

Now getting back to the east coast was a little challenge. It almost seems like United goes out of their way to keep your ass in Milwaukee.

Since when did Wisconsin start having a monsoon season?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Since when did Wisconsin start having a monsoon season?

since the day the people of mgc decided to put people with expensive and collectable electronics outside in a tent.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
yearly bump. Who's going this year?

I'm probably coming back this year.