Midwest Gaming Classic

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Can't come this year. My father got a stroke before xmas and is still recovering and now my mothers both eyes were operated. Need to help them. Not to mention that we are having family vacation later this spring and I can't have that many days off. Oh well, maybe next year I get my HNR.

So sorry to hear all of that. :( We'll keep an HNR fresh for you next year.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
16-bit and I will probably be hitting up Outback Steakhouse so I can get a Blooming Onion to eat by myself. :D

Jon

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Just got word via email that the "Nintendo Playstation" prototype console will be making an appearance at the show. It will be cool to see this in person. Wonder if they'll have the matching controller?

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Just got word via email that the "Nintendo Playstation" prototype console will be making an appearance at the show. It will be cool to see this in person. Wonder if they'll have the matching controller?

Risky....it would be cool if nobody spills beer on a rare item this time for a change.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Risky....it would be cool if nobody spills beer on a rare item this time for a change.

You really think it will be out in the open? It was encased in bulletproof plastic at that Hong Kong show. Other that to look at, all you can really do with it is play SNES on it...of which, there'll be dozens at the show.

Jon

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Someone spilled a beer on Primal Rage 2 arcade, breaking it. I don't know if they every fixed it.

They did, i think it just took a couple weeks.

Galloping Ghost also busted their custom fighter cab iirc. the story i heard was that they didn't quite have it on the truck and it fell face down.
I also saw someone just destroy part of an R-Type cab, they were loading it on a trailer and scraped off the whole bottom panel.

The playstation prototype won't be operational for most of the show, but they'll be running a tech demo of it on saturday i believe.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

Galloping Ghost also busted their custom fighter cab iirc. the story i heard was that they didn't quite have it on the truck and it fell face down.
I also saw someone just destroy part of an R-Type cab, they were loading it on a trailer and scraped off the whole bottom panel.

The playstation prototype won't be operational for most of the show, but they'll be running a tech demo of it on saturday i believe.

at least the ps proto is easily liftable and less likely to have a trailer accident. .

miisalo

Astra Superstar

I swear I recall someone telling that they just cleaned it it started to work and that was before I flew back to Finland. Could have been rumor...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I swear I recall someone telling that they just cleaned it it started to work and that was before I flew back to Finland. Could have been rumor...

Oh I don't know what they did. All I know is that it was running again after minute.

On that subject, we always have something die in the museum.
Last year it was my original Xbox.
Somehow it's never been the launch day 360 that we've run for the last 5 years

jLew

n00b
Oh I don't know what they did. All I know is that it was running again after minute.

On that subject, we always have something die in the museum.
Last year it was my original Xbox.
Somehow it's never been the launch day 360 that we've run for the last 5 years

You talkin' about my launch 360? Yeah that thing is a zombie machine at this point. Thought it made some fucked up noises when I was downloading patches for Halo: Reach over the weekend, so we'll see. Knock on wood.

Edit: just noticed - I have 35 posts on the forums here in 12 years, good god.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
You talkin' about my launch 360? Yeah that thing is a zombie machine at this point. Thought it made some fucked up noises when I was downloading patches for Halo: Reach over the weekend, so we'll see. Knock on wood.

Edit: just noticed - I have 35 posts on the forums here in 12 years, good god.

You're the worst sort of person .

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I'm always so close to this, but way too lazy to go. One day.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Lets get a final count from everyone that's planning to make it to MGC.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Lets get a final count from everyone that's planning to make it to MGC.

I'll be arriving on Friday and be there all weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Any drink/food requests?

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'll be there with this thing!

SKYCURSER-FULL-NEO-GEO.jpg

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm not active here, but, I'll be there with several friends. 5th or 6th MGC for me.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Sunday for sure. Maybe can make it up Saturday if the carpet installers finish early enough.