Mike Judge to Bring Back Beavis and Butt-Head

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I've actually been revisiting the original show via streaming on Netflix. I watch a bunch of them before bed as of late. They're still funny, even without the music video parts.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
It could be awesome, particularly now that censors are not as strict as they were in the 90's. It's crazy how many B&B episodes were banned or censored.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is funny, I was just thinking yesterday that with all the remakes of old movies/shows, Beavis and Butthead were due for a remake/reboot/something. Bring it on.

*edit* I have no idea what channel MTV is on now, I haven't watched it in 15 years.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Should be interesting, at first I was worried, bringing back a show from the dead like that it could really loose some of it's old flavor, but Mike Judge knows how to hit things on the head, I'm sure it'll be great. Glad to see the animation will go for the same low budget look, too.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Wow, that takes me back years. I remember watching them in my late teens :loco:.
I hope the new one's are as good as the old one's I remember :)

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Pop music sucks even more now than it did in the 90's, so hopefully they will be ripping on a new generation of videos.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
I've actually been revisiting the original show via streaming on Netflix. I watch a bunch of them before bed as of late. They're still funny, even without the music video parts.

Download the king turd collection, it includes all the music videos.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
FUCK YES

This totally makes my fucking day. I've been watching the entire series lately and it's just brilliant satire.

FYI, if any of yoos gaiz want ALL of the episodes completely uncut, just search for the King Turd collection...all episodes in chronological order, completely uncut with music videos intact. Whoever made it culled the highest quality samples he could get a hold of and even put in fully animated, professional menus. It's fucking awesome to watch the shows as they were originally televised. There's plenty of commercials, TV specials, etc. too...18 discs in all.

Here's a preview (no sound unfortunately): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4H7zG4DSx8 Just search around and you'll find a torrent somewhere. :)

EDIT: DAMN YOU BUTTA :mad: :tickled:

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can see it now:

"Uh huh huh, did she say 'poke her face'? Uh huh huh huh."

Bring that shit on! It was a mistake for Mike Judge to ditch B&B for King of the Hill.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I just hope that the inevitable bluray release keeps all of the goddamn videos. :annoyed:

Maybe this means he'll finally make Do America 2...:D

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh my god, is it fucking Christmas or something? Usually once a year I go through the king turd collection and watch every episode with all the videos.

Also, don't mistake Mike Judge "ditching" BnB for King of the Hill. The fact is he was royally RAPED by MTV and was left out of hundreds of millions of dollars in merchandising and other stuff, so he was forced to go somewhere else, create something new, and sign a better deal.

BnB is so fucking great. Easily my favorite cartoon of all time.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
High-fucking-fives to all the B&B fans here and Judge will have more than an ample amount of shitty music videos to rip and mock from '97 to now.

Iron Man

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I love judge, and I like king of the hill also, so this is some cool news.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Pop music sucks even more now than it did in the 90's, so hopefully they will be ripping on a new generation of videos.

QFT

So many fond memories of this show, I even had bootleg shirts of B&B

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
One real interesting quote I read from Judge once, in an interview, was that he considered BnB to be the only thing he'd ever done that had actually held up well over time and stayed funny. Don't know that I don't think his other stuff isn't funny, but he's right, that stuff holds up well.

Glad to see that he'll get to go back to what he loved, then.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm really glad to see B&B make a return. With all this shitty music that's out today we really need them back. One thing has me worried. When they were selling the show on DVD I saw a really funny infomercial with B&B and Billy Dee Williams. While it was really funny with them going back and forth, Mike seems to have lost the Beavis voice. Butt-Head sounded fine, but hopefully after doing a few episodes he'll get it back.

FIRE! FIRE!!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My favorite is when Vanilla Ice comes on their tv. They both look at each other, don't say a word, then look back at the tv and then change it. Classic.