MN Winter Gathering.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am guessing this isn't going down this year? Economy? Too many people move out of the area?

Anyone willing to take the reigns on this one?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bobak? Ramad? Their lives are busy to a point that both may be giving a pass on hosting the winter event. I don't care to host it myself either, as I find myself coming to ng.com less and less these days. The annual event appears to have died with djdelly's move to FL.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bobak? Ramad? Their lives are busy to a point that both may be giving a pass on hosting the winter event. I don't care to host it myself either, as I find myself coming to ng.com less and less these days. The annual event appears to have died with djdelly's move to FL.

The catalyst seems to have left the building. I feel much the same way as Magician - I don't spend as much time here as I used to; I don't play the Neo like I used to either.

Do people still do LAN parties? I was never into FPS or CPU gaming, so I never got into that scene..

Last edited:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I was asked on SRK if I would be interested in put the event together…. I would if I was 100% certain that I would be able to attend, but as things sit right now, it’s hovering around a 10% chance if the it were held in Feb or March.

Hopefully things will change soon.

Someone should plan it… a lot of the SRK members have asked about it and would like to have a good old neo gathering that’s about games and not tourneys.

aria

Former Moderator
Oh shit, is it winter already?

I actually thought about it the other day. Frankly, I want to see one where its just about getting together and playing interesting games, probably smaller scale. The last few got too much into the tourneys. After it became SRK's thing I sort of lost the interest in helping putting them together, and of course the last one was scheduled right on top of the biggest college football game of the year --a Fall "Summer" gathering, no less. So yeah...

Isn't SRK hosting one?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
If you go back and look at the discussion thread we started right after the last winter gathering, the group decided that the winter would be a old school neo gathering and the summer one would be a tourney with more SRK influence.

LINKS

Shogun17

Crazed MVS Addict
Frankly, I want to see one where its just about getting together and playing interesting games, probably smaller scale. The last few got too much into the tourneys.
That's part of the reason why I felt that I shouldn't be the one putting the winter gathering together. The other reason is that I've been insanely busy with work lately.

I know that I am associated with SRK in everyone's minds (and rightfully so). However, I really did enjoy the old-school Neo Geo gatherings as well and felt that if I organized the winter one as well that no one would take it seriously as a NG gathering. That's the reason why I asked delly if he would be the organizer, even though he's 1500 miles away. That's also why I brought it up at lunch before JCVD. I don't want to see this tradition die either, but it needs someone from the NG community to step up and be the head organizer. I'm willing to help out some, but I can't be the voice of it and expect it to be taken seriously as a NG event.

Ryu1972

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
!

My place is not the biggest but I would like to host the winter gathering if that's OK with everyone, not really working so I have the time if you all are willing to come over, I want this to go down , I'll even cook or there's Cap's grill right down the road from me.:buttrock:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That works for me if you think you have the room. I also would like to see this happen, but I have never set up one of these things and don't have the time.

Shogun17

Crazed MVS Addict
My place is not the biggest but I would like to host the winter gathering if that's OK with everyone, not really working so I have the time if you all are willing to come over, I want this to go down , I'll even cook or there's Cap's grill right down the road from me.:buttrock:
Cool. You mentioned that you could probably use your building's community room for something like this, correct? If so that would probably work pretty well. Next up I suppose would be figuring out a date.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Verbatum got me into fighters a little bit again with Battle Fantasia. I'm curious about Street Fighter IV, I'll be getting it on the 360. So maybe we should schedule it for sometime after the release of that? How does the 28th of Feb. sound?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
you need to get it for the tripple!!!!!

if you have it on the 28th then everyone has to have 4-6 b-day drinks for me....

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
If we do it sometime between march 8-13 I'll be in town on my spring break. I guess that defeats the purpose of the "winter" gathering, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
you need to get it for the tripple!!!!!

if you have it on the 28th then everyone has to have 4-6 b-day drinks for me....

De tripple! (Quantum Leap reference).

Yea, it looks like that will be the preferred platform for it. But I don't have a tripple and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. (As if Sony isn't bleeding enough cash) :oh_no::(