Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I put around 80 hours into 2nd G. The game is incredibly addictive once you get into it, but it demands perfection at the later levels. That being said, I will be buying this upon release. Let's just hope we get a Japanese PSN release as well. The feeling of accomplishment of taking down a big monster is really epic. The first time I took down a Tigrex I literally screamed out in joy.

Considering how this will most likely be the biggest PSP game in its history and will be released at the end of the year, I guess that limits the chance of a PSP2 announcement at E3. I would love to see a special edition PSP Go with this.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Wow, just read it will be a worldwide launch in late 2010. Nice work Capcom!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I put around 80 hours into 2nd G. The game is incredibly addictive once you get into it, but it demands perfection at the later levels. That being said, I will be buying this upon release. Let's just hope we get a Japanese PSN release as well. The feeling of accomplishment of taking down a big monster is really epic. The first time I took down a Tigrex I literally screamed out in joy.

Considering how this will most likely be the biggest PSP game in its history and will be released at the end of the year, I guess that limits the chance of a PSP2 announcement at E3. I would love to see a special edition PSP Go with this.

BTW, MHP2G comes out on PSN in Japan today for 1600 JPY.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
BTW, MHP2G comes out on PSN in Japan today for 1600 JPY.

Ya I just saw that. It is about time and I am glad they priced it accordingly. I just read that Sony and Capcom are also giving it away free to people who buy a new PSP Go in Japan. Smart move on their part to try and move some Gos over there but it might be too late. At over 3 million copies sold, I wonder if there is still a market for the game. Only other thing that concerns me is that the Gos button layout is not conducive to proper Monster Hunter play. It will be interesting to see what happens.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Does this play like PSU? Never played one. There's massive hype over the Wii one.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
If by PSU you mean Phantasy Star, then the answer would be no. Monster Hunter is basically you going on various missions to kill specific monsters which are much stronger and faster than you, and then using their body parts to fashion new weapons and armor so that you can make upgrades and fight stronger monsters. There really is no real story, it is just incredibly addicting but only if you like a real challenge. The game is not casual by any means and is quite difficult. However, in my many years of gaming, I have yet to find another game that gives such a sense of accomplishment as Monster Hunter. Download the demo and give it a whirl.