mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

Eric

Fight On!,
Why didn't you guys buy it at a Gamestop? Is it 'cause Gamestop sucks or something? I just had a Blast there and I got there late as hell. At any rate, I think the wait will be worth it, the game plays super smooth.

The girls look so good! Specially on the blood bath stages. Those were great! I love the way the boobs bounce, I think the look as good if not better than Tecmo Ninja boobyliciousness. Damn! That was a word and a half!

Amazon was offering $10 store credit + free release day shipping + free rental of the MK movie.

Gamestop's advantage is having a physical store for picking up the game. Hard for Gamestop to compete.

PS: And looks like Amazon has already cut $3 off the price and kept the other deals as well. It's amazing what brick and mortar stores can even survive when in competition with Amazon.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
online is fucked up but i was kind of expecting that

probably won't bother until i hear it's been straightened out

game seems like a fine return to the classic thus far

also: lol at Shang's 1st fatality

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Amazon was offering $10 store credit + free release day shipping + free rental of the MK movie.

Gamestop's advantage is having a physical store for picking up the game. Hard for Gamestop to compete.

PS: And looks like Amazon has already cut $3 off the price and kept the other deals as well. It's amazing what brick and mortar stores can even survive when in competition with Amazon.

At Best buy you get a 10.00 giftcard, But you get a 15.00 giftcard at ToysRus or 50.00 giftcard if you buy it with Portal 2.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If you're getting those cards at Toys R Us, beware. They have it so you need to wait a day for the card to be activated. My folks tried getting some Christmas presents this year at TRU and got a card and tried to use it the same day and they were told to look on the back for the fine print. What a crock.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Best deal so far is at K-Mart. Get Mortal Kombat + Portal 2 + $20 PSN card for $120 and a $60 gift card. Great deal for all that.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
coolest story mode in a Fighter ever?

i'd say so

Johnny Cage is making this mode amazing

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Haha...good ol Kung.

These guys really did go back to their roots on this one lmao.

Seriously this game is awesome.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
This game is amazing, I'm surprised with it. The Kombat Tower isn't all that hard so far, I've only invested 2 hours on it and I'm a third of the way up.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
coolest story mode in a Fighter ever?

i'd say so

Johnny Cage is making this mode amazing

Seriously. A friend of mine brought it over tonight and started going through Story Mode and could help but smile at how great Cage's chapter was. The whole mode so far has been a lot of fun and pretty darn engrossing, too.

On a side note, about the Krypt: has anyone else had a random scary dude pop up while roaming about in it and unlocking stuff? Surprised the hell out of me when it happened.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Holy shit, this game looks pretty cool.

I mean 'kool.'

I'm actually excited about a MK game. What is this world coming to?

It looks like the guys figured out how to reintroduce an older fighting game series with some marquee value back into the gaming market's consciousness.

Gonna have to pay my bills this week and see what kinda play money I have to snag this.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.

Not when they do things like they did to me with my portal preorder. Ordered on the 10th, they hadn't shipped it at 11pm the night before it comes out for my release date shipping. I contact them, they say, woops, it's going to be late (even though my friends who ordered it and live a few miles from me already had it shipped) then told me it wouldn't be to me till thursday. Fuck that, I just canceled that order and got it from best buy in store for 45 with $10 giftcard then bought the mortal kombat tourny edition from there too (which I couldn't even preorder from amazon). So, I had to pay tax, but I didn't have to wait an extra two days for amazon when they wouldn't even tell me why my order was delayed.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
This just came out here in Europe today, I went down and grabbed it from the store during lunch.

Its AWESOME! Everything cool from the old games is there, even the 'Toasty' guy appears in HD! :mr_t:

One of my major gripes about MK2 and UMK3 (which are the best of the previous games) was that all characters pretty much felt the same with the same basic core moves (high roundhouse and low sweep etc). They have really made an effort here with characters whose core moves feel suffficently different from each other. I have only been playing for an hour or so, so I might be disappointed yet, but first impressions are looking very good.

The second gripe with the old games were the ridiculously unfair boss fights (Teleporting Kintaro anyone?), haven't seen the bosses yet. Are they fucking hard, too easy or just about right?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
One of my major gripes about MK2 and UMK3 (which are the best of the previous games) was that all characters pretty much felt the same with the same basic core moves (high roundhouse and low sweep etc). They have really made an effort here with characters whose core moves feel suffficently different from each other. I have only been playing for an hour or so, so I might be disappointed yet, but first impressions are looking very good.

This is a gripe I share with you about the old games. As wel put together as MK 2 was, that still bugged me, although not enough to drive me away from it.

The second gripe with the old games were the ridiculously unfair boss fights (Teleporting Kintaro anyone?), haven't seen the bosses yet. Are they fucking hard, too easy or just about right?

This is neo-geo.com. There is no sympathy for you as it regards retardedly stupid-hard bosses.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
apparently some people saying Shao Khan is cheap as hell and possibly warrants a patch to fix, I personally haven't gotten to him yet so I can't comment

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
apparently some people saying Shao Khan is cheap as hell and possibly warrants a patch to fix, I personally haven't gotten to him yet so I can't comment

MK bosses are supposed to be cheaters and hard as balls. It wouldn't be MK otherwise. Kids these days.