mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
When I look at MK9, I see elements of other fighting games in here. I see a bound system from Tekken and wake up and recovery (from KOF and SF). I'm glad WB games let the programmers take their sweet sweet time on this gem! This is the first time i've liked a MK game since Ultimate MK3.

evil son

Bead Banger
apparently some people saying Shao Khan is cheap as hell and possibly warrants a patch to fix, I personally haven't gotten to him yet so I can't comment

That dude is hard but not throw your controller hard jus do some good combos I was catching him with triangle,square,and x button with upper cut or special took me awhile but I got his ass.
It's Mk though he is supposed to hand you your ass until you grow a pair and kick his ass.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
For the second day in a row, my game is still in Kentucky. WTF KENTUCKY HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
MK bosses are supposed to be cheaters and hard as balls. It wouldn't be MK otherwise. Kids these days.

Now that I have played through this a couple of times (In the single player ladder).
I can say that Shao Khan is cheap, but not as cheap as in MK2. I took a few tries to get him and each previous time I had won a round during the match. Old Shao Khan wouldn't allow that!

I loved his winning pose too, reminds me of Conan. :vik:

Goro is a piece of cake now, he has come cheap ground pound moves that catch you when you are on the floor, I just jump-kicked him into the corner and continued jump-kicking him each time he stood up again!

The tower mini games are fun and I like that the old Kombat Kode feature is back, some funny shit to find I'm sure!

I tried online and the lobby system is great, I love the SD characters and the voting system at the end of a match (I played king of the hill), shame that I had a fucking awful match with hideous lag and got my ass handed to me by the host. I hope this gets a patch soon.

Other than that, its a blast! :multi_co:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
For the second day in a row, my game is still in Kentucky. WTF KENTUCKY HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

It's like watching one of those bad Apollo comedians who desperately repeats a punch line over and over hoping for at least a snicker. Though the laughter never comes. Poor fella.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's like watching one of those bad Apollo comedians who desperately repeats a punch line over and over hoping for at least a snicker. Though the laughter never comes. Poor fella.
I am not repeating the message any more times than any single poster in the MvC3 thread did. Also, your compulsive need to comment on each repeated post is no less pathetic. fyi

And you have the nerve to criticize bad Apollo comedians? lol okay. The award for Least Self-Aware goes to you.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I am not repeating the message any more times than any single poster in the MvC3 thread did. Also, your compulsive need to comment on each repeated post is no less pathetic. fyi

And you have the nerve to criticize bad Apollo comedians? lol okay. The award for Least Self-Aware goes to you.

Falling back to the brilliant, "They started it!" logic. Splendid.

On topic, have they improved the laggy online play?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Jedah's on fire

Looks like he's ankle biting, but I share his contempt for carpet bagging pracks who shake loose change off gamers for shit that should be free.

It's like paying to unlock cruise control, better brakes or an extra 30hp on your fucking car.

Those sig quotes are hilarious btw.
I don't even remember saying that but I totally agree with it...that little food dood is awesome. :buttrock:

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Looks like he's ankle biting

He's doing a lot more than that. He's spitting analogies and metaphors like a seasoned badass. I'm just glad we're on the same side on this issue, because I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
He's doing a lot more than that. He's spitting analogies and metaphors like a seasoned badass. I'm just glad we're on the same side on this issue, because I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this.

I beg to differ, but he's definitely on the right side of this debate.

The anti-STK side.

icon26.gif
icon15.gif
cool.gif

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Looks like he's ankle biting, but I share his contempt for carpet bagging pracks who shake loose change off gamers for shit that should be free.

It's like paying to unlock cruise control, better brakes or an extra 30hp on your fucking car.

I don't have any sympathy for people who buy games used, then complain that the company isn't giving them something for "free". They haven't given the developer/publisher anything, so why do they expect to play on their servers for free?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
STK had no reply for Jedah's verbal breakdown of his lack of logic behind his silly arguement. I'm glad I don't have to argue any of this anymore.

Keep bringing the heat, Jedah. Do you accept Pay Pal?

EDIT - Can you handle this cannonball fool too, homie?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I don't have any sympathy for people who buy games used, then complain that the company isn't giving them something for "free". They haven't given the developer/publisher anything, so why do they expect to play on their servers for free?

Oh like the server thing? w/e.

I was talking more about the "klassic" ninja costumes that I'm seeing all over story mode... but I'll have to pay (again?) to use them?

Boon said he wasn't gonna pull that Capcom horseshit and only make you pay for upgrades that were not already on the disk.

And I say fuck that; give me my extra shit and I'll gladly buy it new for more money. It'll be like a lovely woman that I won't let go until something newer and better comes along, at which point the used market buyers can go fuck themselves with my left over shit.

That copy of MK will be like a 30 year old wife after 2 kids anyway....let some other chump have it.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
STK had no reply for Jedah's verbal breakdown of his lack of logic behind his silly arguement. I'm glad I don't have to argue any of this anymore.

Keep bringing the heat, Jedah. Do you accept Pay Pal?

EDIT - Can you handle this cannonball fool too, homie?

I feel like such a man-whore. :emb:

SSS

neo retired

I call bullshit on this. The developer already made their $$ on that copy of the game. Any and all features that came with it should be passed to the next owner, since the original isn't using them anymore.

Just like when you buy a used car, if the mileage is still low enough you are still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, even though you didn't buy it from them.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
STK had no reply for Jedah's verbal breakdown of his lack of logic behind his silly arguement.
What logic? That was a completely different conversation (which you were wrong about, by the way). What Jedah was blathering about today is my poking fun at the people who whined when their pre-order copies of MvC3 were more than 5 minutes late. Who was even bringing up the used game thing again?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hey man, don't attack me because he's giving you the verbal business. I know I seem like an easy target in comparison, but that doesn't take away from the complete lack of response you have for Jedah's articulate breakdown of your thought process (in an argument you've already been exposed as being wrong in).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Hey man, don't attack me because he's giving you the verbal business. I know I seem like an easy target in comparison, but that doesn't take away from the complete lack of response you have for Jedah's articulate breakdown of your thought process (in an argument you've already been exposed as being wrong in).

I wouldn't start shit with you.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
What logic? That was a completely different conversation (which you were wrong about, by the way). What Jedah was blathering about today is my poking fun at the people who whined when their pre-order copies of MvC3 were more than 5 minutes late. Who was even bringing up the used game thing again?

u-mad-4084_preview.png

Last edited: