mortal kombat 9 doesn't look like complete crap. yet.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Oh like the server thing? w/e.

I was talking more about the "klassic" ninja costumes that I'm seeing all over story mode... but I'll have to pay (again?) to use them?

Ah ok. That sucks if you have to pay for them. I thought that the whole klassic costume and fatality stuff was still unlockable in the game somehow, but people that bought from certain stores got them right away. That's pretty shitty.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Ah ok. That sucks if you have to pay for them. I thought that the whole klassic costume and fatality stuff was still unlockable in the game somehow, but people that bought from certain stores got them right away. That's pretty shitty.

I think thats true...I haven't played yet but I heard you just unlock them in the krypt. Its just a code to unlock them from the start of the game....

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I think thats true...I haven't played yet but I heard you just unlock them in the krypt. Its just a code to unlock them from the start of the game....

Well, somebody get back to me on that.
It's not the most important thing out there and I'll probably get the game anyway since they did a LOT of things right this time around.

Oh and can you string up a dial a combo that does more than 4 hits like in MK3? Or are the combos limited to whats listed?
I see some crazy juggles but I was wondering about that as well.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Played a few games with Ho Slappa and another friend. Had more fun playing MK than any fighting game in recent memory. Just sitting around shooting the breeze playing some games. Selling MvC3 was one of the best decisions I made.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The dial a combos seem to be limited to just a few hits, but you can do stuff like 4 hit dial a combo, special move, another 3 hit combo, then XRAY MUTHAFUCKA!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was having a discussion about that the other night. I was reading my Twitter feed and I saw Ed Boon replied to a person who called the throwback costumes bullshit that they had to pay for them and he commented back with something like, they aren't exclusive and everything is unlockable in The Krypt. Now it sounds like everything else but the throwback costumes are unlockable via The Krypt. Kinda stupid when you figure you can unlock the artwork of the costumes but not the costumes themselves. I'm glad I got the Reptile one, but I hope they'll sell the others in a pack.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The dial a combos seem to be limited to just a few hits, but you can do stuff like 4 hit dial a combo, special move, another 3 hit combo, then XRAY MUTHAFUCKA!

Yeah, I'm tight with money these days (cops stole 400 dollars from me recently), so I have to keep bugging you guys for info.
:(

I see Kung has a chain punch combo and he also has a 3 kick combo....and the inputs of those two combos combined = his awesome 7 hit dial a combo from mk3.

The chain punch combo is 5 hits, but I'm hoping it's possible to stop after the fourth hit and go to his kick combo, then hit with his EX hat throw, TP and x-ray.

Fuck, I need to get this.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I was having a discussion about that the other night. I was reading my Twitter feed and I saw Ed Boon replied to a person who called the throwback costumes bullshit that they had to pay for them and he commented back with something like, they aren't exclusive and everything is unlockable in The Krypt. Now it sounds like everything else but the throwback costumes are unlockable via The Krypt. Kinda stupid when you figure you can unlock the artwork of the costumes but not the costumes themselves. I'm glad I got the Reptile one, but I hope they'll sell the others in a pack.

Yep, that's what I was going off of too. Apparently it seems he only meant alternatives and not classic ones.

Stupid...maybe it will be a free dl or something like that in the future.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm tight with money these days (cops stole 400 dollars from me recently), so I have to keep bugging you guys for info.
:(

I see Kung has a chain punch combo and he also has a 3 kick combo....and the inputs of those two combos combined = his awesome 7 hit dial a combo from mk3.

The chain punch combo is 5 hits, but I'm hoping it's possible to stop after the fourth hit and go to his kick combo, then hit with his EX hat throw, TP and x-ray.

Fuck, I need to get this.

Lao's 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 is not cancelable on 4th hit, as it counts as auto string on inputted.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I'm taking mine back tomorrow and exchanging it for a 360 copy. The entire bullshit with Sony is just stupid and I've yet to be able to play online.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'm taking mine back tomorrow and exchanging it for a 360 copy. The entire bullshit with Sony is just stupid and I've yet to be able to play online.

To be honest I get most of my online games on 360. Just because a lot of my friends are on it and I find the online more reliable.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I'm not sure which system to get this for. PS3 version has Kratos and Xbox 360 version has the ability to play music (my own music) off the hdd.

That's pretty much the only difference I can see. I tend to favor Xbox 360's online support (right now PSN is apparently down, so I don't need to convince anyone of this). Are there any other difference I should keep in mind?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Picked up the Kollektors edition(pal) yesterday. About to try it out. It's the 1st MK game I bought at launch since MKII on my genny back in the day

Reality Check

World Hero
I'm not sure which system to get this for. PS3 version has Kratos and Xbox 360 version has the ability to play music (my own music) off the hdd.

That's pretty much the only difference I can see. I tend to favor Xbox 360's online support (right now PSN is apparently down, so I don't need to convince anyone of this). Are there any other difference I should keep in mind?

In King of the hill (an online mode you should avoid for the time being) you'll be able to use your Xbox avatar to represent yourself while you have to choose between pre-made avatars of MK characters in the PS3 version.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm not sure which system to get this for. PS3 version has Kratos and Xbox 360 version has the ability to play music (my own music) off the hdd
360 version. Who the fuck cares about Kratos? I'd much rather listen to the techno Mortal Kombat theme non-stop than have to look at Kratos one more fucking time.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
yes, kratos IS possibly the worst character in videogame history ... but, he's additional content.
therefore, he is value.
i am getting more of the value.
right, consumer friends?

thanks, #CAPITALISMSFINALDAYS, for fucking the fun out of another aspect of life by obfuscating it beyond recognition

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
It's really between him and Master Chief and probably a bunch more.

We get it; they're the most powerful and brooding MOTHERFUCKERS EVER, they have GUNS, BROOTAL SWORD CHAINS, ANTI-GRAVITATIONAL MANEUVERS, and NOTHING OR NO ONE can stop them besides [insert character's kryptonite].

Start making good characters.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
It's really between him and Master Chief and probably a bunch more.

Yeah, world, we get it, they're the most powerful people ever and nothing can stop them besides [insert character's kryptonite]. Start making good characters.

when you think about it,
aside from a few years and a few thousand miles of ocean there isn't much difference between the character's of master chief and samus ...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Samus is a woman. That's cool. Plus her roots are in the NES days.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
To be honest I get most of my online games on 360. Just because a lot of my friends are on it and I find the online more reliable.

I'm going to buy a mic today so I can actually talk back to you guys in that party chat thing. Do all USB headsets work on 360 or do I have to buy a MS one?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I'm going to buy a mic today so I can actually talk back to you guys in that party chat thing. Do all USB headsets work on 360 or do I have to buy a MS one?

Any headset that uses mini stereo jacks (like what you'd plug into a cellphone) will work. Not sure about USB ones though.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Lao's 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 is not cancelable on 4th hit, as it counts as auto string on inputted.

Hm....what about that (windy palm?) combo that people cancel with a tornado spin? could you add the "lead the way" combo after that? I'm guessing lead the way is the 3 hit kick combo.

(1,1,2,1, <-3, 3, 3)

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game is great, just beat the story mode and I'm trying to beat ladder on hard now. Team Ladder is also awesome but I'm stock in hard as well. That stick is amazing, such a great classic look piece, every detail is very well done, not very stylistic 'cause it has hinges and all kinds of hardware but every piece of hardware is tops and was very well put together. If any change at all I'dbe changing the comp stick for a super stick, other than that this thing is beautiful. Hard to get used to the different button layout between MK series and this new MK.

Reminds me of Karnov's on the Neo having a different button layout than FFS and so on.