Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Samurai Spirits

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • World Heroes

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I thought it would be interesting to see which Neo Geo fighter series is the most popular here. It could be close between a few of the top series.

My pick is Fatal Fury. I just love the feel of the series and the characters. Even when I play King of Fighters I nearly always go with a Fatal Fury character.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Depends what you mean: What anyone imagines to be most popular for himself or a general pubic? Popular as in widely favored or widely recognized? For me personally, the most popular series is Spirits, worldwide tho, this has to be KoF.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Depends what you mean: What anyone imagines to be most popular for himself or a general pubic? Popular as in widely favored or widely recognized? For me personally, the most popular series is Spirits, worldwide tho, this has to be KoF.

I mean everyone's personal favourite. Not what is most popular by sales or public recognition, but what the forum members here like the most.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
As a series Fatal Fury. Very few let downs for me, and it tends to play very differently after a couple of the same/similar titles.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
While I do enjoy the Samurai Spirits series, I really like how the KOF series has changed over the years.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Fatal Fury and KOF. But if i have to vote for one, Id go with FF, overall the gameplay, characters, art, etc is great.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Last Blade. I've been in love with that series ever since I laid eyes on those games. The setting is pretty unique for a fighting game, and the sprites and animation are all incredible. Another thing I really dug is that several stages don't even have music, just ambient sounds like cicadas, or the warning bell in the fire stage.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
FF for me, I love that SNK kept improving the gameplay over each entry but remained focused on consistently making outstanding 1-on-1 fighters with each entry in the series.

Wish there was an option to choose two options. I like both Kof and Fatal Fury. I choose the King of Fighters I guess, because they made Yamazaki more *~user friendly~*

Fatal Fury (especially real bout special and 2) had better graphics, presentation and characters though imo.

Robert

20 Year Member
The most popular serie is KOF without any doubt.
My favorite would be FF for many reasons and MOTW would be the easiest to understand.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
fatal fury is and always has been my personal favourite series.

MOLTOMOLTO

n00b
Gotta go with Fatal Fury as my personal fave, but yeah it seems KOF is actually the most "popular"

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Even though calling 2 games a series is pushing it, it's Last Blade for me. Amazing atmosphere & Mugicha said it all.

a public poll would've been sweet ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Even though calling 2 games a series is pushing it, it's Last Blade for me.

Not only that there are just two games, they are also very similar, like Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special. But I can understand SNK's position here: they made their statement with the first part and said everything that had to be said with the second, the "Special" variant so to speak -- and the further evolution? Somewhat Guilty Gear.

Missile

Another Striker
I had to go for KOF because for me its just the most consistently good series. Lots of fun to be had too.

Just some musings: I think World Heroes Perfect is a bit of an underrated gem and the AOF series is a lot better than people might think because of how different AOF3 plays to AOF2. Especially since AOF3 is a cracking game in it's own right