Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Samurai Spirits

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • World Heroes

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
i voted for last blade from my natural instinct but now if i think about i would say Fatal Fury. Its quite amazing how the series transitioned, from Fatal Fury 1 to Garou

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The super og guys haven't come in or there would Atleast be Acouple for AOF. I'VE never been a fan of aof .

WHs > AOF

I do like AOF to a certain extent, but to consider it the best Neo series is a bit of a stretch. Then again World Heroes, to me is even more of a stretch. It's decent but too much of the same for 4 titles.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Fatal Fury is the best but KOF is obviously the most popular.

Wish theyd give KoF a break to give some light to FF though

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
its just about variety across the roster. If they made a FF Ultimate Match or something that was similar to kof but with FF graphics/mechanics

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Not only that there are just two games, they are also very similar, like Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special. But I can understand SNK's position here: they made their statement with the first part and said everything that had to be said with the second, the "Special" variant so to speak -- and the further evolution? Somewhat Guilty Gear.
I agree with the first part of your comment, but I'm not sure I see how Guilty Gear is connected to Last Blade... I don't see the familiarity in the gameplay or characters... definitely a different atmosphere and (fictional) setting... and the first Guilty Gear came out on the PS shortly before or at the same time Last Blade 2 was published IIRC. There must be something I'm overlooking.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wish theyd give KoF a break to give some light to FF though

^This.

Really I wish they would give any of their other fighter IPs some love in a form other than ports/emulations of the classics.

Spoiler:

Maybe they re-release the games over and over with sub-par ports to deter people from wanting new games in the series...
Spoiler:

Nah, they Just wants the monies

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
That's the greatest thing about the Neo, I like something about every series listed. There's never been a system with a better good to bad software ratio, how many real stinkers can you list? As for the vote, I think due to the fact MotW's is my all time favourite fighting game it sways my choice, but that said I think KOF's is the most consistent.

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
That's the greatest thing about the Neo, I like something about every series listed. There's never been a system with a better good to bad software ratio, how many real stinkers can you list?

True, Even if the 100% fighting line up got me bored at the end of the 90's.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Last blade for me. It's a pretty close fight for me between last blade and kof, but if I had to choose one series it would be lb. Kof98 is one of my favourite games ever, but it was probably last blade 2 more than anything that really sold me on tracking down a big red.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
KOF series for me! The KOF 94 was the first game I ever saw for the Neo Geo!

I guess it was probably the most popular as so many titles were released over the years.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
KOF, however Last Blade is a close second. KOF-series has just so much to offer with all the different gameplay mechanics that got added or removed during the years. Last Blade does have a better atmosfere covering it that can't be captured in any other fighting game. The only game i really like in the FF-series is Motw with FF Special as a second. I still have to experience the Real-Bout games though.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I would rank samurai shodown above last blade..more games and they all feel distinct

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I would rank samurai shodown above last blade..more games and they all feel distinct

good point, and i would agree. as a series, samurai shodown may be better. but i would also say that no individual samurai showdown game matches the over all quality of last blade.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
The only game i really like in the FF-series is Motw with FF Special as a second. I still have to experience the Real-Bout games though.
You missed out on a big part of the FF series. RBS and RB2 are such great games. You def need to at the very least check out one of those two games. Even if its on a emulator like fightcade. I am sure you will like one of the 2 games for sure.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I voted Fatal Fury. My favourite fighting games ever made. Especially the Real Bout series: ALL 3 of them. Just amazing.

I also really dig FF3 too.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I voted Shodown. It wI'll always be my favorite neo fighting series.

Fatal Fury, it was the first game I've bought back in 1992 and even with the sound bug I fell totally in love with the game, hence the serie

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I'm in camp AOF. It's the first Neo Geo fighting game that I played, and as a staunch SF2 player at the time, it was interesting enough to pull a few quarters from Capcom. I also really like how the characters faces get all bruised, cut and generally busted up as you beat the !@&#$ out of them. Not just the end match photo, but during the match. It's a nice touch. I'm also partial to the story in the AOF series - being a shorter series, it's easier to get all of it consumed and understood. Finally, I'm actually a pretty big Stephen Segal fan, so seeing the clear resemblance between him and Robert Garcia is neato. OK, actually finally - all the sprites characters are HUGE when zoomed in - not just a single character is large in the game like Earthquake in SamSho, but they are all screen-filling thanks to the extreme close-ups.

Last edited: