Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Bingo. She has "The Look", I guess.

This is what also I was referring to when I said overrated.

What "look" is this? I don't think she's amazing or even all that hot. Would I put it in her? Sure. But I don't think she's so amazing because she has boobs and likes games.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is what also I was referring to when I said overrated.

What "look" is this? I don't think she's amazing or even all that hot. Would I put it in her? Sure. But I don't think she's so amazing because she has boobs and likes games.

Why would you “put it in her”?

Who cares about flesh anymore?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
She was the inspiration for Starry Eyes.

Is that confirmed, speculation or just a riff? Just curious. She always gave off that vibe but I generally try not to shit on people trying to succeed in that business. It's cutthroat as shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is that confirmed, speculation or just a riff? Just curious. She always gave off that vibe but I generally try not to shit on people trying to succeed in that business. It's cutthroat as shit.

Shit dude, if you have to ask, then sure, let me confirm it. She has gone through an amazing metamorphosis.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Bingo. She has "The Look", I guess. Otherwise she wouldn't be getting cast in the first place. What she doesn't have is real talent or the ability to be anywhere near a versatile actress. She's one of those mediocre actors who always just come off as themselves.

She doesn’t even have a unique or notable look. My assumption is that she only got work because she has a built in fan base of horny gamerz from her G4 days.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
She doesn’t even have a unique or notable look. My assumption is that she only got work because she has a built in fan base of horny gamerz from her G4 days.
Yeah thats what I'm saying. She's not some amazing piece of ass or anything.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Shit I forgot about the G4 stuff, ugh... Enough talk about this mediocre looking vapid cunt.

Land of the Lost- I'm familiar with the original show even though it was a couple years ahead of my time. The movie is an insane mess. There are some truly great visuals and a couple genuinely funny parts but I honestly can't believe this got made. I could see as a children's movie it could have worked but there is a lot of shockingly adult humor. It couldn't have been cheap either, lots of CG and practical effects and elaborate sets plus I'm sure Will Ferrell got paid out the ass. At least it's self aware.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Watched Conan the Barbarian with my moms, now she knows what's best in life.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Land of the Lost- I'm familiar with the original show even though it was a couple years ahead of my time. The movie is an insane mess. There are some truly great visuals and a couple genuinely funny parts but I honestly can't believe this got made. I could see as a children's movie it could have worked but there is a lot of shockingly adult humor. It couldn't have been cheap either, lots of CG and practical effects and elaborate sets plus I'm sure Will Ferrell got paid out the ass. At least it's self aware.
It's a terrible movie that I enjoyed a lot more than I expected.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man, it's so weird. I mainly watched it because I enjoyed Anna Friel in Pushing Daisies but it's pretty far out there. A lot of the small throw away gags make it enjoyable compared to stuff like Will Will Ferrell drinking piss.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Equalizer 2 - fine as a revenge flick. Last 30 minutes or so in particular are well done, the smackdown in a hurricane was kind of novel. Didn't feel much like the first one at all, though.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
reservoir dogs and natural born killers, followed by feast 1 & 2.
just because it's brainfodder, mindless entertainment. :D

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Venom - Bizarre pacing and awful action scenes, but Tom Hardy makes it strangely endearing. Carnage has to be a more interesting villain than Riot, right?

fake

15 Year Member
Christine
About as good as a movie about a sentient killer car can get. Carpenter's music is great.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
reservoir dogs and natural born killers, followed by feast 1 & 2.
just because it's brainfodder, mindless entertainment. :D

reservoir dogs is my favourite tarantino movie. simple yet effective.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Predator (2018) - terrible movie, obviously, but it does have a little value as a guilty pleasure kind of thing. Horrible characters. Terrible acting (I did like Key and Jane, though). But the utter contempt that Shane Black clearly has for conforming to anything remotely PC is kind of enjoyable.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Into the Spider-Verse
Best super-hero movie since... Black Panther maybe? Good story, but great style. Some really great use of digital animation techniques that are also throwbacks to old school animation and printing (e.g., halftones for shadows instead of normal CGI lighting effects). This is the closest we're going to get to a Jet Set Radio movie.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The Predator (2018) - terrible movie, obviously, but it does have a little value as a guilty pleasure kind of thing. Horrible characters. Terrible acting (I did like Key and Jane, though). But the utter contempt that Shane Black clearly has for conforming to anything remotely PC is kind of enjoyable.

was it as bad as predators?.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Avengers: Infinity War (2018) -- Like 100proof mentioned in his review here, I also think that the episodic structure, quite static with one story arc after another, so after a while you feel there are no arcs at all, and the sheer amount of beaded heroes, that it all screamed television show. The infinite length of 149 minutes also does this justice. Facing almost three hours of a super hero film, usually just demands to suspend your disbelief, but not here, where everything progresses quite logically. Yet, you'll have to suspend your feelings, and that's inexcusable. At the most important point in the picture, someone's dare to say: No. This isn't love. I agree.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Scent of a Woman - pretty gay feel-good movie where the piece of shit character has a heart of gold. Chris O'Donnell was a fucking retard to not rat those guys out, fuck that. Free ride to Harvard but won't do it because...??? I guess because it's funny they got a ton of white paint on the headmaster's car so nah he's not gonna say? Anyways. Now I understand where Simpsons got that Skinner butt balloon idea from.

Scrooged - couldn't stand 5 minutes before turning it off. Loved it as a kid though.

A Christmas Story - this movie was very lucky to get as famous as it did. Very amateur production.

The Butterfly Effect - I liked this a lot, lot more when I was 16. I understand now why critics were hard on it.

All I really wanted to see was Christmas Vacation. But the TV didn't have it.

was it as bad as predators?.

Much worse. But I liked Predators because a fat Laurence Fishburne surviving in that environment for years makes as much sense as a fat Jew in a concentration camp.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
dont worry he won't get far on foot
Some incredible performances and decent filmography. But Van Sant butters it up too much. I don't much like the tone, the droning sentiment driving most GVS films. Manipulativity and insencerity by part of the director mares what could have been an amazing film. It's just way too pretentious for its own good