Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, Billy Zane's career, there's a pretty interesting story that goes untold there.

Dude was huge, absolutely huge with The Phantom. Then came Titanic. After that, did some voice acting for SSX Tricky...and of course, Zoolander.

Really interesting guy, Billy Zane.

Coincidentally, and this is wild, but last night I listed to Hey Man Nice Shot from the Demon Knight soundtrack last night.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yeah, Billy Zane's career, there's a pretty interesting story that goes untold there.

Dude was huge, absolutely huge with The Phantom. Then came Titanic. After that, did some voice acting for SSX Tricky...and of course, Zoolander.

Really interesting guy, Billy Zane.

Coincidentally, and this is wild, but last night I listed to Hey Man Nice Shot from the Demon Knight soundtrack last night.

Phantom was big and Zane was absolutely huge in it? Are you serious?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Well LS was 10 so in his mind I could see that.

Best thing about Billy Zane is all the Psych references and his cameo. That show is seriously underrated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well LS was 10 so in his mind I could see that.

Best thing about Billy Zane is all the Psych references and his cameo. That show is seriously underrated.

Best thing about Billy Zane was he was in Twin Peaks.

After that his career was lost in the Black Lodge.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Billie Zane and Val Kilmer both fell off the summit quite unexpectedly.
Val Kilmer was the white Denzel. Crazy skill.
Crazy dumb choices tho

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Demon Knight is a lot of fun. Great soundtrack too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Phantom was big and Zane was absolutely huge in it? Are you serious?

Terry was right, I was 8 years old and coming off of films that I also loved - Batman, Dick Tracy and The Shadow - it was just another in a genre of old-fashioned hero movies. It was definitely suited to become a summer blockbuster, maybe even a franchise, but it fizzled out. It could have been a classic like Brendan Fraser's The Mummy but no one has any nostalgia for it. I myself had The Phantom skull ring that was given away as a promotion and wore it to school everyday. And I guess that's all I have to say for that.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Groundhog Day & National Lampoon Christmas Vacation -Kids watch this for the first time and loved it. Its been awhile since i seen it, still great.

Gemini Man - Fucking love Will Smith and you add more than one. I am Legend vs Fresh Prince! Oh hell yeah!I was a bit surprise Ang Lee would direct this type of film but it was great. Felt like Hong Kong film during the 90s-00s but not too over the top. Very generic story but action is fun.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Terry was right, I was 8 years old and coming off of films that I also loved - Batman, Dick Tracy and The Shadow - it was just another in a genre of old-fashioned hero movies. It was definitely suited to become a summer blockbuster, maybe even a franchise, but it fizzled out. It could have been a classic like Brendan Fraser's The Mummy but no one has any nostalgia for it. I myself had The Phantom skull ring that was given away as a promotion and wore it to school everyday. And I guess that's all I have to say for that.

Dude I was/am quite a bit older. That film was stillborn, it made no ripples, no one cared then and much less now. That said I will watch it for kicks in the next few days. But I think it was a terrible idea for a film at the time it was released. Had it been made in the mid to late 80s, who knows

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The Shadow and Phntom at least have great comics and The Shadow pinball is fantastic, come to think of it The Phanton game on MD is pretty solid.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dude I was/am quite a bit older. That film was stillborn, it made no ripples, no one cared then and much less now. That said I will watch it for kicks in the next few days. But I think it was a terrible idea for a film at the time it was released. Had it been made in the mid to late 80s, who knows

You show a great disrespect to me, on the day of my daughter's wedding, but I'm willing to overlook it

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Chachi plz. VK is strong. Always has been.

Real Genius, Top Secret, Top Gun, The Doors, Heat, Pollock, Fucking Tombstone shit... one of the best movies ever. VK fell off for a bit after Batman but came out swinging in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang just like RDJ.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Real Genius, Top Secret, Top Gun, The Doors, Heat, Pollock, Fucking Tombstone shit... one of the best movies ever. VK fell off for a bit after Batman but came out swinging in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang just like RDJ.

Aye his portrayal of Doc Holliday is timeless, practically made the film excellent because of it.

But where the fuck is he now? I watched this film with him in it, where he plays a corrupt cop (not Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant which was/is brilliant) or a straight up criminal ai don't recall. Low budget and low quality, Kilmer is ridiculous in it, worth watching because its a trainwreck.

He used to do magic. I kind of think he still can, easily. But then again he looks like a slab of weathered cement nowadays. His looks have left him and maybe method acting is too much for his stunted body to take these days. I'd love him to take a leaf out of Nick Nolte's book and reinvent himself as some intense bumbling old man. But then that's Nick Nolte's role.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aye his portrayal of Doc Holliday is timeless, practically made the film excellent because of it.

But where the fuck is he now? I watched this film with him in it, where he plays a corrupt cop (not Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant which was/is brilliant) or a straight up criminal ai don't recall. Low budget and low quality, Kilmer is ridiculous in it, worth watching because its a trainwreck.

He used to do magic. I kind of think he still can, easily. But then again he looks like a slab of weathered cement nowadays. His looks have left him and maybe method acting is too much for his stunted body to take these days. I'd love him to take a leaf out of Nick Nolte's book and reinvent himself as some intense bumbling old man. But then that's Nick Nolte's role.

Why bother though?

Why should Val Kilmer do anything after Tombstone?

https://valkilmer.com/val-logo-snapback-hat/

Do yourself a favor and buy this with your stolen gift return money.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ukyo-suffer.gif
SNK Doc Holliday?

Edit: a hedonist who walks a fine line between vice and virtue (this is not accurate but fuck it, let us prevail)
Intimately acquainted with death, and so they kill knowing that they will soon die, prematurely. This insight coupled with a particular innate sensibility turns them into tragic poets and master killers.
They shall drown in blood, spilled, secreted.
Melancholic, resigned to their fates, subduing frightful panic with every caustic breath, they die
/no homo ok maybe a bit

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have not yet begun to defile myself. Words to live by.

Fuck me in the ass, I bought the I heart Toxic Waste and Surf Nicaragua shirts. The personalized Real Genius poster was out os stock.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have not yet begun to defile myself. Words to live by.

Fuck me in the ass, I bought the I heart Toxic Waste and Surf Nicaragua shirts. The personalized Real Genius poster was out os stock.

My job is done.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
This weekend, I watched "Uncut Gems"

Although, I didn't really enjoy it. I found Adam Sandler's performance to be rather amazing. He made a very convincing Jew. I feel like maybe he spent some time getting into character and method acting this role because he really just knocked it out of the park.

No, but really, it was mostly just people yelling at each other and not all that interesting to me. Not a bad movie, just not the kind of movie I enjoy. I think it was rather well done though overall.

If I had not been with a group I would not have sat through it. I would have maybe tried to sneak into Cats.

Also, on a side note while I was there, I watched previews in the lobby for a while and though I would like to ask is anyone looking forward to that new Dolittle movie? I kind liked the look of that from the previews.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I saw the trailer for Uncut Jem and the Holograms and I have to say it looked absolutely uninteresting.

I know it's getting accolades and all but bleh. Looked extremely boring.