MS5 MVS doesn't work with Unibios in a 4-slot?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Hi all, I just picked up Metal Slug 5 MVS and every time I try to play the game it just keeps resetting back to the unibios splash screen. No matter what I do I can't even get to a Playmore/Neo Geo logo screen.

I'm using Unibios version 1.1 in a 4-slot USA cab. I realize that MS 5 came out after v. 1.1 but I'm trying to find a way to just play it without having to take apart the board and swapping out the unibios chip. I read the sticky about issues regarding the 1-slot but I've never seen anyone post about 4-slot problems...

Thanks.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I can probably post pics tomorrow, but I'm positive it's not a bootleg, particularly since it's exhibiting the exact same behavior that others have described when attempting to play it via Phantom-1 vice my 4-slot.

Well that and the fact that I just can't see Trieu selling bootleg carts.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Don't have MS5 to try, but I'd contact Razoola. I am pretty sure that he could get it fixed... SvC, MS5, and KOF03 all use new protection, I guess it is possible that is screwing up the game....

-Nick

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I think I found a fix. I added another game to slot 3 (SS1), moved MS 5 to slot 2 and inserted SS4 into slot 1 and now for whatever reason I can switch to MS 5. As long as it's "between" two games it looks like I can switch to it. I had tried something where SS4 was in slot 1 and MS5 was in slot 2 and it refused to switch games.

Also, I noticed that once I got into MS5 I had to change all the buttons, as initially they were all set to A. Once I did that everything played fine.

Not quite sure why either of those things happened, but at least the game's working now.