MV-1 Consolizing

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Okay, one more time, I have just procured a MV-1 and am ready to start consolizing. I don't have it yet but when I do I will be doing a "blog" on my first adventures into the Neo World. I will be inquiring from most of you so if you don't mind me asking noobish questions, First I was wondering about power? I went to Jamma Nation X and saw that he utilizes a dual power supply for his setups. I am going to buy from him but my question is the pinout? Xian Xi if you are reading this I really admire your work. Hopefully you and the rest of the techs can help me when I finally get her here. Thank you,

Tommy.

P.S. Since this is a MV-1, I am going to buy from Razoola a Universe Bios chip for starters and buy a RGB to NTSC encoder. Could someone point me in the right direction for this? :) I live in Sicily by the way and have NTSC televisions (2 JVC LCD and a Sharp CRT)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't use dual power supplies for CMVS applications. I only use a single +5v line. Consolizing an MV1 is almost the same as the MV1F/FS.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Xian, Thanks for that. Do you happen to know how I would wire the power supply on the inside. I looked around and alot of people are using ATX power supplies but I also have several +5V power supplies lying around. It seems relatively simple but I was just wanting to be on the safe side since you have made yours look impecable.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Okay, 5V@3A and I think that I can figure out the plug for my input power.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Only difference with the MV1 is that you have to join the primary and secondary +5v rails. I can't find any pics I made but on the MV1 there is a 7805 I think just like the 2 slot MVS. Just connect the +5v output from the 7805 (iirc) to a +5v point from the main rail meaning anything connected to the +5v pins. This is needed since the 7805 converts the +12v source to +5v which powers the op-amps for the audio.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Would a 5V@2.5A power supply work anybody on an MV-1?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It should. The MV1 only uses around 2A with big cart.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Been awhile since I posted, anyways was in the mood to purchase a cmvs and had a thread up in WTB forum but I totally forgot about consolizing my MV-1. I dug around and found her. Anyways just purchased a Unibios from Razoola and still waiting on a reply from Jrok's website about the encoder. I have a 5V@2.5A power supply and all the switches and rca connectors. :buttrock:, here's to getting off my lazy ass and getting this done. I still need a controller so if anyone has a decent one at a decent price PM me.

Tommy

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
1 year isn't bad, a lot of things come up. My next personal CMVS is still sitting at 70% done for the past 3 years.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
I hear ya XX, hope to start with the initial wiring tomorrow. So far today I purchased a Unibios, 1 shockbox and 1 Blazing star insert. I am still in need of a Jrok or Neobitz. I will be covering the board from just under the cartridge holder with plexi all the way up to the jamma connector. Now since this board is so damn big I was thinking of getting some LED's to light up the board alittle but that will be down the line since I have to get this beast up and running first.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
If you're really in Italy why don't you get a cheap used CRT TV and take advantage of the RGB scart input?

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I thought it was just me that took ages to get personal things done.
Funny how quickly you can do stuff when someone is paying you...

If you sruggling to get a JROK, speak to Jeff at Neobitz and get one of them.
He emailed me back immediately and it arrived in the UK very quickly. I have had it over a week, so now I need to get off my fat arse and wire it up. Got my MV-2 plexibase completed today, so we are on the way.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
JROK never replies to emails anymore. His business is closed as far as I'm concerned.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
If you're really in Italy why don't you get a cheap used CRT TV and take advantage of the RGB scart input?

:spock:, Why when I have 6 NTSC Televisions already. Don't want to limit myself for future moves.
Anyways, making a cable to get audio from the solder side to RCA. Later will hopefully have pics up.

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Because NTSC looks like shit ;)

I don't believe you're in Italy at all. Why would someone in Italy have 6 NTSC TV's.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
JROK never replies to emails anymore. His business is closed as far as I'm concerned.

He replies to me all the time but he has been really busy lately. Maybe he should have someone take care of the encoder side of things.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Might have to get you to purchase a new set of wiring on my behalf, I've been trying for over a year! :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need the power, video in and video out harnesses?

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Yeah, as well as the SCART passthrough. It's not urgent by any means, in fact I can't even afford them at the moment but I'm looking to purchase them in the near future so I have them when I eventually get around to building another project around the encoder.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Because NTSC looks like shit ;)

I don't believe you're in Italy at all. Why would someone in Italy have 6 NTSC TV's.

:rolleyes:, Let's just say my job involves alot of traveling and getting stationed somewhere ;)

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
A buddy of mine insists this is all I need if I have HDMI on my televisions. Can anybody give me some info if this is true or do I still need a neobitz or Jrok. He says all I have to do is tap where the RGB is on the board, put down female connectors for the male RGB connectors and insert this deal. Thanks

ps3009.jpg

TehBanz

n00b
You said you were going to blog your progress? im about to do this as i was at a convention over the weekend and there was one there, played waku waku 7 and magical drop and instantly fell in love!

long story short, do you have your blog up where I could kind of follow along? gonna take in as much info as i can before I delve into this.

also i got contact info from the guy who made it, he's close friends with one of my close friends so ill have some local help too which will be great! he put his MVS inside an n64, it was pretty cool, however very crude. I could do better ;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A buddy of mine insists this is all I need if I have HDMI on my televisions. Can anybody give me some info if this is true or do I still need a neobitz or Jrok. He says all I have to do is tap where the RGB is on the board, put down female connectors for the male RGB connectors and insert this deal. Thanks

ps3009.jpg

RGB aka RGBS is not Component (Y, Pr, Pb). You will need an RGB to Component converter if you want Component video.

You can however buy a SCART (Which has RGB) to HDMI converter. Problem is that the Neo's odd sync rate sometimes won't display anything on an HDMI connection.

Best bet is the XRGB3. Costly though.

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
XX, do you have a neobitz or Jrok laying around? I could use one, LMK

Tom

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm getting some JROKs coming in and should be here by early next week, if you need a Neobitz send JMKurtz a PM. Since this is a CMVS I'd go with the Neobitz.