MV-1FS in Blast - Missing button inputs

FrAshi

n00b
Hi all - I just got an MV-1FS for use in my Blast City via Jamma. Looks and sounds good, but I have pretty funky button action

P1 - B & C only
P2 - A, B, C

No D on either side. Both Start buttons work.

Is this a common issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks for any help! I did some research and seems to be a thing (not sure about the missing A button on 1p?) but I couldn’t follow a lot of the responses.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Do the buttons work with other Jamma boards?

Check the quickconnects on the buttons under the control panel. They may have come loose.

Check your jamma harness to see if the D button is wired to the jamma connector.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You need this bad boy

DrRXKlj.jpg

part number 605-0028

Without it my Blast is wired for 2L12B, this adapts the buttons for 4 button jamma games like neo geo

FrAshi

n00b
You need this bad boy

DrRXKlj.jpg

part number 605-0028

Without it my Blast is wired for 2L12B, this adapts the buttons for 4 button jamma games like neo geo
YES! awesome thank you. I should have mentioned in original post that other jamma boards all perform well. Lots of people have been suggesting that the NG board is bad but I figured it was something to do with wiring/harness. Really appreciate this heads up! Will look for it.

FrAshi

n00b
You need this bad boy

DrRXKlj.jpg

part number 605-0028

EDIT: NM figured it out!

Could you possibly get a clearer pic for me of the adapter alone? I’d really appreciate it!
Could you possibly get a clearer pic for me of the adapter alone? I’d really appreciate it!

Last edited:

FrAshi

n00b
Check out this page - https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

Should make it nice and clear how to make your own

Thanks! I’ve only made extremely simple cables before so it took me a while looking at the diagram but I think I see how - from the 1p & 2p 12-pin molex connectors right to the buttons? Or to make an adapter, from the other connectors, cross the wires to the right spot on the new one. I might try it! Yaton does have the Sega-made adapter but would be good to learn this.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Don’t go straight to the buttons, just do up an adapter (like the Sega one) to remap from your existing setup so it can be easily removed. You’ll still want to be able to use 6 button games like cps2 for example. If the one from Yaton is cheap I’d just get that

FrAshi

n00b
yeah adapter def the way to go. Yaton is $55 shipped but a friend can make one, which will prob be cheaper and DEFINITELY quicker, so I’ll do that and there’s always Yaton as backup!

Thanks again!