MV1C Restoring Recharge Circuits - Noob

NerdyBros

n00b
Hello Jedi Council,

I have a CBOX MVS (MV1C) from TimeHarvest. It has a battery mod, but not entirely sure what was done to it. They advised against putting a battery in it, so of course I did the opposite and dropped a rechargeable ML2032 in there, figuring the worst that could happen is the battery wouldn’t charge. After a few successful days the thing bricked, and I’m now getting a watchdog error. Not sure if it was a coincidence and I got a bad board, or somehow the battery actually bricked it. In any case, I got a replacement board from them. I’m obsessed with getting the battery to work, but don’t know how to undo what they did (or maybe they just sourced the boards this way). To my eyes, looks like they only removed the component from D5. What do I need to replace it? What kind of component do I need for D5 and where to find it? Safe enough to put a new one in there and try again? Should I leave it alone? I just hate having to reset region and soft dips every time I play. Ideally I prefer to reestablish the charging circuitry and use a rechargeable coin cell battery. Help. I want to do this but don’t want to brick another board. Where else should l look on the board for modifications that may have been done? Should I remove their battery holder and actually use a three pronged one? Not sure how this one they have works 030B7263-89FE-411D-A712-B0A01641CEF7.jpegB97CE190-7465-4895-9E53-B7BDB9F14BAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually a watchdog error is specific to a connection issue CPU>BIOS>WRAM