MV2F - No sound on slot 1, graphics issues on both slots

touche112

n00b
I have an MV2F that has a few issues. On both slots, I have graphic issues:

20210218_175333.jpg

And on slot 1, I have no sound.

Diag BIOS shows no faults, so ok there. When using a CHA board with a diag M1 ROM, it shows I have a Z80 comm issue. I've checked and confirmed all traces listed on smkdan's website - D0, C0, and Z80 lines are all ok. No issues there.

I can't find any issues over on the 257s - there was two bad traces that I repaired, and other than that, everything is checking out ok continuity wise.

Any suggestions on where to look next? Is it possible the Z80 is dead?

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
If the sound issue is only happening with slot 1, I would check continuity between the NEO-257 to the right of the cart slots and the pins on slot 1 for sound data. Then also check the sound address lines on the slot, which I think you can just probe between the slots to make sure they are ok.

For the graphs issue. I would start by checking between the 2x NEO-257s on the left of the slots and the NEO-ZMC2, then from the NEO-ZMC2 (GAD0-3, GBD0-3) to NEO-B1.

touche112

n00b
If the sound issue is only happening with slot 1, I would check continuity between the NEO-257 to the right of the cart slots and the pins on slot 1 for sound data. Then also check the sound address lines on the slot, which I think you can just probe between the slots to make sure they are ok.

For the graphs issue. I would start by checking between the 2x NEO-257s on the left of the slots and the NEO-ZMC2, then from the NEO-ZMC2 (GAD0-3, GBD0-3) to NEO-B1.

Checked all lines between the 257s and the ZMC2, and they're all good. Same with down to the B1.

As for the sound, I turned on the board today and both slots have dead sound. The two slots are linked ok, and over to the 257 on the right is also probing ok.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
For the sound, I would clean your carts and cart slots, then clear backup ram and retry.