MVG look at the neo-geo

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Watched a bit of this yesterday. I like hardware breakdowns and stuff like that. He seems like a good dude, always have enjoyed his content and hardware overviews.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Stopped watching as soon as he said there are three sprite planes.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I didn’t much care for it because it’s neither good at being a casual, surface-level look at the Neo Geo and it wasn’t technical enough to be satisfying.

Overall I just didn’t feel like he actually explain why the Neo Geo was ahead of its time. A bit of a lame video for MVG, he’s made many better ones before.

Then there’s something like the 8-Bit Guy’s Commodore history video on the Amiga 1000, that did an excellent job explaining why the Amiga was so ahead of its time.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
All gaming channels have beaten every gaming horse to death. At this point, it's just a repetition of mostly the same info in different styles.

MVG's videos are always on point.

Yeah, I certainly don’t know every single thing there is to know about the Neo but I still can’t imagine watching a video about it at this point. I’ve played almost every game made for it over three decades of fandom, I own an MVS, WTF are you going to tell me? The specs on the power supply?

If it were funny…different story. A video done in the style of Hodgman’s Area’s of My Expertise…where every single fact in the book is an insane lie…I’d watch that. :)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nothing gets more annoying here than getting shoved down your throat with imposed YT channels.
Hahah. It really helps us out
Funny how mvg never did that hmm

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
He could be from Venus for all I care it's a perfect example of having a billion subs without fucking every forum off in the process
Spamming forums might be a decent source of a few very loyal viewers for the appropriately-targeted content. But you'll never get the big sub numbers from forum posts unless you get lucky and Google decides your channel is mentioned on enough sites or something. I'm sure most large chamnels don't owe their size to forum posts.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Forums "spamming" isn't really a bother when it's actually something topical people want to watch. Neo Alec has the right to post every single Neo-Geo Generation video he makes because there's a clear effort to actually engage with the community and the videos are good, for example. MVG posting here would actually be a plus given how insightful he is about technical stuff on videogames.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Forums "spamming" isn't really a bother when it's actually something topical people want to watch. Neo Alec has the right to post every single Neo-Geo Generation video he makes because there's a clear effort to actually engage with the community and the videos are good, for example. MVG posting here would actually be a plus given how insightful he is about technical stuff on videogames.
Once again... because those aren't "imposed", while others are just begging for annoying "me too"view(er)s.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Certainly was, though his join date seems to have been altered when you look at his account?

Another person who fucked off because of Rot.
I didn't know mvg use to be a regular here.Yeah if you all ready know the technical parts of the said console or hardware then,mvg breakdowns are nothing new.Still recently it's great he did the port of shantae for switch and was involved with the quake remaster as well.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Its cool to still see enough interest that folks still make videos about it.
Otherwise it's nothing new for the majority of us here.