MVS-2F Hardware dip switch function - Unibios 4

JFBFR75

n00b
Good evening everybody,
I have my mvs-2F since half a year by now but beside playing with it so far I did not really explored it. Now, I have decided it is time to learn about this beautiful machine. I am trying to find out the meaning of each hardware dip switch. I have a unisbios 4 and there are very few information available anymore, as it seems a lot of links are dead by now. Here below is what I have found out but no real explanation, beside switch 1 and 7, on what the other switches are really doing. Thanks all for your support!

1 Self Test --> OK, self explaining
2 arcade VS-Mode --> no, idea what this is for? Even the explanation in the official unibios website is not really helping me: "Arcade VS-MODE support which is known to be in the version 6 JAPAN bios. Turn this feature on via hard dip 2"
3 not used --> is it really so?
4 Linkage parameter --> no, idea what this is for?
5 Linkage parameter --> no, idea what this is for?
6 Linkage parameter --> no, idea what this is for?
7 Free play --> OK, self explaining
8 Free video --> no, idea what this is for?

JFBFR75

n00b
Thanks for this first reply. So, dip#3 is for the Mahjong-controller and the #4 to 6 are somehow for multi-console-gaming.

But it would be great if you could explain to me in words what are the dip#2 and #8 doing?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Did you check the link? Did you watch the videos?

4-6 are for arcades, not home consoles. Home consoles don't have the dip switches.