MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Neosd, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that a Toshiba brand microSD card had a faster write speed. Which model model number is that card?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We just bought 3 different 16gb class 10 microsd cards (all cheap ones, from 7 to 9 euros)
One of those was the same sandisk card Razoola is using, this sandisk card took 4:37 to load the bigest game (kof2003), toshiba card took 4:07 to load the same .neo file.
This was the Toshiba card http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/tarjeta-microsd-toshiba-16gb-1318028

Better cards MAY give better read speeds, we dont really know where is the limit if you ask me, we just bought cheap cards to give real world numbers, cause most people own those cards and not 20 euros cards.

Thanks !

Neosd, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that a Toshiba brand microSD card had a faster write speed. Which model model number is that card?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

As today, we will get the seccond batch from factory 14-15th november. Thats the last info we had from factory (by phone call yesterday), so we should start shipping 15th or 16th, it deppends on the hour we got the boards.
We were going to get the boards Firday 11th November, but there were 2 national party days this week (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints%27_Day) and factories got closed.

We will ship all preorders the same day, once shipped, free shell promotion ends. On that moment we will change the text on the store from : Shipping on 15th November to : In Stock.

Thanks !!

I think I've got little choice now except to order one of these, else I'll be the only person without one soon.

@neosd: When do pre-orders end? I'm waiting on my accountant to finish my books so I know what I owe the tax office and if there's anything left to buy a flash cart! :(

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
its ok, I hold it from that area so I dont get finger prints on them :)

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Hello,

We just bought 3 different 16gb class 10 microsd cards (all cheap ones, from 7 to 9 euros)
One of those was the same sandisk card Razoola is using, this sandisk card took 4:37 to load the bigest game (kof2003), toshiba card took 4:07 to load the same .neo file.
This was the Toshiba card http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/tarjeta-microsd-toshiba-16gb-1318028

Better cards MAY give better read speeds, we dont really know where is the limit if you ask me, we just bought cheap cards to give real world numbers, cause most people own those cards and not 20 euros cards.

Thanks !

Good to know about that Toshiba SD card! Thanks for the info!

As a matter of fact, yesterday I got one from the same mall franchise... I see my guess was right, trying to choose the best possible one for NeoSD at a reasonable price, finally I got the same Toshiba SD card, but 32GB and with U3 specification. This one:
http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/tarjeta-microsd-toshiba-32gb-c10-90-mbs-1333283

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Just to get ready for arrival, I just need an SD card and load it with ROMs of the games I want and that's it? I've never used a flash cart before, so I just want to make sure I'm prepared.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just to get ready for arrival, I just need an SD card and load it with ROMs of the games I want and that's it? I've never used a flash cart before, so I just want to make sure I'm prepared.

Don't forget that you will need to convert the roms for use on the sd card.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Don't forget that you will need to convert the roms for use on the sd card.

Hello,

On shipping day we will upload the last version of the conversion tool, you just need mame roms on the same folder.

Thanks !

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello,

On shipping day we will upload the last version of the conversion tool, you just need mame roms on the same folder.

Thanks !

Can I ask what fixes have been applied since Raz's review of your tool mister neosd...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
Ofcourse,

The tool now writes a log file on the folder where it is, so users can see errors and sucess events that happened during conversion process.
We have added more hacks/bootlegs to the tool aswel, some hacks/bootlegs just worked adding correct decryption process to the tool, others needed firmware aditions to work.
Thats the main reason to release the tool to the public the day we ship NEOSD, conversion tool and NEOSD firmware, should mach as possible to avoid people reporting errors of a bootleg/hack not working caused by the use of an old version of the conversion tool.

Thanks !

Can I ask what fixes have been applied since Raz's review of your tool mister neosd...

xROTx

Last edited:

soiaf

n00b
We will send a free shell to all preorders, we will pay shipment for it aswel. Once shells arrive, you will be able to purchase neosd+shell as a combo.

Thanks a lot for this neosd! I pre-ordered my NeoSD last week but I was planning on buying a new shell as soon as they became available. Really great that you're taking care of your early adopters.

X68

n00b
Joined up here for this thread, looking forward to receiving the device ;)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thanks a lot for this neosd! I pre-ordered my NeoSD last week but I was planning on buying a new shell as soon as they became available. Really great that you're taking care of your early adopters.

Joined up here for this thread, looking forward to receiving the device ;)

Man... I was gonna take a breather from the site for a while...

But it seems we are getting an influx of members wishing to register here... I daren't even leave it 48 hours now... geez... or the list grows...

xROTx

PS.... soiaf there broke my balls via email... I am so tempted to ban him right now...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Man... I was gonna take a breather from the site for a while...

But it seems we are getting an influx of members wishing to register here... I daren't even leave it 48 hours now... geez... or the list grows...

xROTx

PS.... soiaf there broke my balls via email... I am so tempted to ban him right now...

This isn't the official Neosd forums. Ban his ass.

NeoSD order placed! (no bank issues)

After Razoola's ace review, and the free enclosure included with preorders I had no excuses not to.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Anyone else getting a privacy error when going to the neosdstore site?

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
After a bit of hubbub with my own bank, order placed. Sounds like a fantastic piece of kit, and I'd love to get my hands on one.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Anyone else getting a privacy error when going to the neosdstore site?

Hello,

Privacy error ? We have enabled HTTPS and bought an SSL certificate that proves the site is run by our company (Terraonion SL)

Thanks

Last edited:

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Any of the gentlemen that preordered it plan to try it with the MagicKey and an AES?

Raz said it doesn't have either at the moment so he may not be able to test anything on it. At 380 eur is a little too steep for me to just "try" it.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Any of the gentlemen that preordered it plan to try it with the MagicKey and an AES?

Raz said it doesn't have either at the moment so he may not be able to test anything on it. At 380 eur is a little too steep for me to just "try" it.

I'm planning to ordering one , i have the MagicKey green version with my aes system , and a few MVS motherboards in Arcade cabinets so if It does not work , i could use it anyway .
I'll report here the result if nobody do it before me.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Was there ever a reply to my question? If so, I can't find it.

Where would you want it to be placed ? at the options menu for example ?
We will see if its possible, but just now there are other priorities (100% bootleg/hacks support is on the top of the list).

Thanks !

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Careful consideration is need when thinking of adding a testmmode switch via another another keycode. Technically is easily possible to do although the NeoSD would need to look into the bios to find the testmode jump offset as it can be in different places in different bios.

The dilemma I had with the unibios was the fact that adding this feature instantly rules out the use in an arcade envirmoent unless the feature can be turned off or applied under set conditions only. In the end I added an arcade protect feature to handle such things which the arcade operater could enable to stop the user changing settings or adding cheats etc.

I only allow the alternate testmode button code to work providing arcade protect is not enabled and only during the unibios splash screen at boot. On top of that, when arcade protect is enabled the real testmode button must also be pressed with the keycode to get into the unibios settings.

I would suggest if a testmode feature is added to the NeoSD you need the arcade protect feature to go along side it. Also use that feature to lock out NeoSD settings / changing games. Its a little hassle as users do not read the manual and undoubtally lock themselves out but I guess they can always remove the SD card to reset settings when they do.

Last edited: