MVS Cabinet Paint (A Discussion)

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
So, I took the advice of many of the members here (and elsewhere) and purchased the Bher Grenadine paint in eggshell enamel from Home Depot for my resto project. I probably should have taken a piece of the original vinyl with me, because when I returned home and checked the color against the vinyl, it's definitely lighter.

To test, I painted some junk wood I had with it. Two different pieces. One with no primer, one with the recommended gray. I'm dissatisfied with both.

I've since read on other forums about people having the same outcome, and on here about people having great results. So I would like to open a dialogue about others opinions and see if anyone has tried anything else (specific mixtures, etc.). I think after I get out of this seminar I'll take the vinyl with me and spend more time than I want in the paint department of both Lowes and HD. That is, if DC traffic doesn't just royally fuck my afternoon.

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I've heard people have had good success with just bringing a sample of the vinyl into a paint shop and having their computer color matching programs scan the vinyl.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I've thought of that option, but I don't wanna have to spend what PPG or DuPont charges for quarts. I'd run it by HD or Lowes but I don't have a lot of faith in those paint guys.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've thought of that option, but I don't wanna have to spend what PPG or DuPont charges for quarts. I'd run it by HD or Lowes but I don't have a lot of faith in those paint guys.

If you want it done right, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and take the hit on the wallet.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Kindly leave the scene ------------->