MVS carts from Italy and Mexico on eBay

There are a ton of MVS games on eBay coming from Italy and quite a few coming from Mexico. They always seem to be the cheapest ones. Anybody tried one of these and checked the PCBs? Most of them are hologram labels.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
buy with confidence. but seriously, don't.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
There are some good sellers in Italy and there does seem to be a lot of good stuff regularly coming out there, but it's cheaper to deal off eBay as the restructuring of the postage rates makes it expensive to post stuff even within the EU (and they wonder why we voted to leave!).

I've dealt with a few sellers there and always had good communication and legit gear.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Italy has the real deal since neo geo was immensely popular there. Buy with confidence. Hit me up per pm, I can give you some good contacts there.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
A data point from Mexico. I've gotten NITD MVS cart for a lot less, the game arrived and was legit after checking the boards.

It was overall heavily used and required full cleaning.

arakissun

Overtop Pathfinder
Bought one or two times from Italy.
Needed to reflow all ICs because the carts had problems-sound and graphics.
The description was 100% fully working.Happy that the fix was easy.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Not worth your time, but if you REALLY have to get one from mexico, a lot of things have to go perfect.

1: have they posted pictures of the boards so you can tell if they're real?
2: If they look legit, google reverse image search that shit to make sure they didn't just use images from somewhere else
3: feedback has to be perfect, etc

If all that lines up & it's cheap, eh maybe. Otherwise not worth the effort. I went through this while getting my MVS carts & the time spent verifying things & the stress of it is just not worth the cheaper price most of the time. I wouldn't even buy from Italy. It's like buying something from Brazil. Just don't.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got my AES and a couple of CD and MVS games off of an Italian member here years ago. Never had any problems buying shit from Europe in general.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Didn't someone here get holes drilled into their games by Mexican customs? That's enough to make me never order from there.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I got a Metal Slug X from Mexico that had legit boards, but the case was beat to hell and one of the screws was stripped. Overall a still a good deal—cheap and the game worked.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I bought loads of games from Italy from a member on here - Tomcat, with zero problems. Where is Tom these days?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Italy, fine. But even China laughs at the idea of buying carts from Mexico.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Italy, fine. But even China laughs at the idea of buying carts from Mexico.

I got some NOS PGM kits from Mexico once but yeah, you have to watch out for coalmine carts and boots.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I got some NOS PGM kits from Mexico once but yeah, you have to watch out for coalmine carts and boots.

I highly doubt a legit MVS cart has ever once entered Mexico's borders to begin with.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Will the Border Wall finally put an end to this humiliating wave of Mexican Video System carts?