MVS cases

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I am a MVS owner always wanted to get a homecart and put it on my rgb, (option screen ect.), but was turned off by the price and rarity of games, so I bought a mvs. Is there a way for us mvs owners to have a case made for the games we own that would be cool....

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Yes, but would require someone to shell out anywhere from $15.000 to $20,000 for an injection molding to be made. And then you'll need to place an order of 1000 cases minimum at a cost of $3.00 per case.

That comes out to $18 to $23 per case.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Hey to get some new cases would be cool....
If only i could get some i would order 10- 20 of them.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I've been looking for cases that could, at least temporarily, be used for MVS carts. Over the last weekend, I found some that weren't bad . . .

They're clear plastic, rectangular, pretty heavy/thick stuff, hinged on one of the long sides, slightly spring-loaded so the stay open when opened, or closed when shut. They do NOT hold home carts, either new or old style cases . . . I already tried that, but thats OK since carts can stand fine by themselves.

They measure 9 3/8" x 6 3/4" x 2".

Now here's the thing. I THINK they might hold an MVS cart, in its original cardboard box, inside the heavy plastic snap case. I'm not SURE because all my MVS cardboard boxed cases are in storage right now, and I haven't been able to test them yet. But I do have about 10 loose MVS carts here, and I will say this. The cases hold an MVS cart, with bubble wrap if you have them in that (or whatever padding you want), plus the mini marquee, larger how-to-play sheets, and setup sheet, just fine. Since they're see through, you can put the how-to-play sheets facing out, and it looks OK.

The cases cost $6 each, not a bad price at all. Where did I get them? The Container Store has them, item #201030. Although these are not as nice as "custom" cases that might fit the MVS cart better, they're not bad at all. I'd advise anyone interested in MVS cases to check them out. At $6 each, they're affordable, pretty durable (although they would probably crack/break if you dropped them, but you might not want to do that
smile.gif
), preserve the MVS cart (protect it from dust, etc.), and stack up nicely on the shelf.

Check 'em out!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Oh, and by the way I also found a translucent magazine snap case, made out of a softer plastic, that holds four MVS carts in their padding, plus any marquees etc. Cost: $5 each, item #584070. Not really good for displaying MVS carts, but great for storing them.

And I just checked their website:
http://www.thecontainerstore.com

which unfortunately doesn't picture very many of their products, neither of the above two I mentioned . . . but it does give store locations.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif