MVS converter

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
Hello ppl, can anyone answer the following MVS converter questions:

1.How much does an MVS converter costs for a home cart system ?.

2.Do they really work ?.

3.Are they durable ?.

4.Do you just plug your MVS cart into them and hey presto you can play MVS games or is there more to it ?.

5.Where can you buy one ?. (MAS Systems methinks)

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

cheers.

[This message has been edited by black_wizardd (edited March 01, 2001).]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, this topic is poping up a lot, anyone up for writing a faq so we can just refer people to that in the future. For the meantime I will try to help you:

"1.How much does an MVS converter costs for a home cart system ?."

The prices range from low ($150 or so) to high ($400) depending on the kind you want. The $400 converter is the new one from Arcade solutions, it can play all Neo Geo MVS games, including the encrypted games (Metal Slug X and newer).

"2.Do they really work ?."

There seems to be no doubt on this board that Arcade's converter is the real deal, a lot of people here have tested it and it works on every game. Any of the other ones, I guess it is a mixed bag, maybe someone can step up to help you here.

"3.Are they durable ?."

Again, according to everyone on this board the Arcade converter is very professionally made and quite durable.

"4.Do you just plug your MVS cart into them and hey presto you can play MVS games or is there more to it ?."

That's it, just plug it in and play.

"5.Where can you buy one ?. (MAS Systems methinks)"

Arcade's future website is http://www.neogeousa.com there are a few retailers that will be stocking the converter soon as well. I also recently saw an Arcade converter in the selling forum for $350. For the older style converters look at eBay, there is usually one or two on there (even some Arcade Converters too).

Hope that helped, I am an MVS owner and had never even played on a home system until last weekend, but these are the responses that have been floating on the board. It seems to me that if you want one, get the Arcade Converter, it is a little more expensive, but it will work 100%, and they are a quality product. Anyway, hoped that helped,

-Nick

Rurouni

Quiz Detective
does anyone have a pic of that !arcade! converter when being use. i already know what it look like. I just want to see the actual hook up. does it come naked like that. does it have a casing... wouldn't it get damage due to static electricity.