MVS "Mini Kit" Box, ShockBox Alternative

NexusX

Astra Superstar
So I have been using these as a cheaper solution for cart protection & storage for about a year now. I have about 35 of them. I sourced out a box that perfectly fits a MVS cart that also harkens back to the old kit boxes. I call these "Mini Kit" boxes. Normally I am not a stickler for outward looks but I have butterfingers and I have damaged a cart or two by a drop. Instead of the $15 after shipping a Shockbox can set you back, These only cost about $1.50 + whatever artwork you want to put on them. They are also a lower profile on a shelf.

Tell me what you think of this minimalist approach.
https://imgur.com/a/R5siyha

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I like these a lot more than shockboxes - that kind of super thin plastic is kinda gross. That said, I have all but one of my carts in a DVD tower.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Not the most exciting look, but they're all right. Better for the environment too.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Where did you source them from? I'm interested for future me, hopefully he'll have his shit sorted out.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Where did you source them from?

A company out of Latvia. Due to shipping costs it is better to buy in bulk. I just placed an order though so if you want to try a couple out I can send you them if you pay the US to US shipping cost + cost of the boxes.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Necro'ing this old thread - Do you have boxes available for purchase? I'd be happy to give some a go.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Necro'ing this old thread - Do you have boxes available for purchase? I'd be happy to give some a go.

Yes I have some extra available for you. If you want I can send you some.

Last edited: