MVS Monitor Question

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I have a four slot and two of the games I have in right now are showing little black borders on the top of the screen around the corner (when they didn't before) and the other two games aren't. It's only at the left and right top corners of the screen. Is there anything else that can fix this besides using a degausser? As far as I know I don't have any picture controls in my cab...and it makes no sense to me because when I switch it over to Last Blade and Shock Troopers 2 the picture is fine. :oh_no:

Have you tried switching slots? That seemed to work for me when some of my games had glitchy graphics.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
As far as I know I don't have any picture controls in my cab...

When you say you have no picture controls what do you mean. I have a 6-slot and there are dials for the picture in the front under the control panel and on the back behind the monitor.

But if you say it returns to normal when you insert another game it may be some thing more serious wrong with it... one of the tech guys should help you out.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
sounds like width and height, there will be controls on the monitor for that.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Ok, I found the monitor controls. Seems the one marked 'PCC' would fix the problem as it adjusts how slanted the edges are but I can't seem to get it to be completely straight. Also I can't find the degausser button on the controls. Hell...it took me forever to find the damn controls in the first place. They weren't located ON the monitor but at the end of several wires near the damn bottom of the cab.

Anyone know where the degausser button should be?

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Screw it. Ordered a degausser online. But I have a new problem.

I messed around with the controls forever and finally managed to get rid of the blank space near the top corner by expanding the horizontal size and messing around with the position.

But I've noticed something else. Whenever the screen is completely white (The opening logo on Shock Troopers 2 for example) or flashes the image seems to expand and then revert back to normal. Like when I load up Last Blade and let the intro play; You can keep your eye on where it displays the CREDITS at the bottom on the screen and when the flash occurs when Kaede's hair changes to blonde you can actually see the CREDIT font move below the edge of the monitor while the flash is on the screen.

Help me out. It's a small problem but it's annoying the fuck out of me.

Last edited:

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
you could be looking at an unstable b+ voltage or abl problem-what chassis is this?

annuvin

n00b
usually there will be a sticker or label on the monitor chassis, but there are voltages hazardous to life present so be careful. It's been my experience that a bright white screen will commonly stretch the raster or distort the image, if the brightness or screen control is set too high the symptom will be rather exaggerated.

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
i don't recognise that chassis,it could be a rodotron,yte,tatung,ducksan or kortek

this will not be a easy fix and require a lot of checks,imo this is most likely a leaky capacitor on the high voltage circuit or the abl circuit

how long has this been doing this particular problem and is it different with other game boards?

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I recently moved it. About three or four days ago and that's when the problem started. That's actually why I thought I might need to degauss it. Nothing else made sense to me since it just happened out of nowhere.