MVS X Multi Video System

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Damn, is this true? Unico no longer has the SNK license going forward?

Interview comment at the 02:03:55 mark

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Proof that you shouldn't name your licensed device with an X at the end, otherwise you're sure to get it pulled from SNK.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Damn, is this true? Unico no longer has the SNK license going forward?

Interview comment at the 02:03:55 mark
Don't believe anything that douchebag says, he's been jealous as hell that Unico not 1Up got the SNK license and did everything he could to sabotage the Hylo hack. He's a fucking dickbag.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Don't believe anything that douchebag says, he's been jealous as hell that Unico not 1Up got the SNK license and did everything he could to sabotage the Hylo hack. He's a fucking dickbag.
Hey whats up TMOSteel, aaah ok, interesting…I wasn’t aware of some of the behind-the-scenes drama involved. Thanks for clarifying :buttrock:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Hey whats up TMOSteel, aaah ok, interesting…I wasn’t aware of some of the behind-the-scenes drama involved. Thanks for clarifying :buttrock:
Yeah man, that guy is bad news. Bill Mclaughlin who worked for Unico and was part of the Hylo team addressed this directly when it was first rumored and confirmed Unico didn't lose the SNK license. I'd take Bill's word over that 1Up twat any day 😉

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Has anyone here got one of the 2nd edition releases with better buttons / build quality / sound? Looks like it could be a good toy for my work room as they have a black friday sale on right now with the UK supplier, but I'm wondering if it's actually something you can spend hours playing on, or if it's low quality shit just for show even after the 2nd release

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Has anyone here got one of the 2nd edition releases with better buttons / build quality / sound? Looks like it could be a good toy for my work room as they have a black friday sale on right now with the UK supplier, but I'm wondering if it's actually something you can spend hours playing on, or if it's low quality shit just for show even after the 2nd release
I wonder if they'll do the same in the USA?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I wonder if they'll do the same in the USA?
Yeah it's a thing. The 2nd revision is supposed to have a better screen, buttons and speakers. Just make sure you don't get 'old new stock' I guess.

Folks on reddit seem to be liking the new units. I might bite... will give it a few days to think on it.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Nothing was changed with the screen. The buttons are the exact same quality, just a different design. The speakers were changed from 3w to 5w and are slightly louder. The "split" back design I cannot speak for as I had none of the issues with the one piece back from the rev1 cab.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Nothing was changed with the screen. The buttons are the exact same quality, just a different design. The speakers were changed from 3w to 5w and are slightly louder. The "split" back design I cannot speak for as I had none of the issues with the one piece back from the rev1 cab.
I think in my haste I mis-read something. Apparently the 2nd revision have a better 'rear back panel' - some people had a problem with the power button on the first revision apparently. https://www.reddit.com/r/neogeo/comments/qkmi14

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
See my previous response, the "revised" cabs were already a thing in the US.

Jackman wrote, "Looks like it could be a good toy for my work room as they have a black friday sale on right now with the UK supplier,."

I was wondering if they would have a Black Friday sale here in the USA.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Got a link to the sale?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Got a link to the sale?

£124 off

Bare in mind to get one imported would be $400 delivery ontop of the US sale price, so suddenly £575 looks like a good price.

I’ve emailed the shop to ask if they have the 2nd revised hardware in stock before I make a decision. Will post back what they say.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

£124 off

Bare in mind to get one imported would be $400 delivery ontop of the US sale price, so suddenly £575 looks like a good price.

I’ve emailed the shop to ask if they have the 2nd revised hardware in stock before I make a decision. Will post back what they say.

I don't think that is the U.S. sale price. Can't find information on a sale price.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I was quoting a black friday sale on the UK price dude. Google one for the USA.

Confirmed by the the UK seller in my link today that it’s the second revision they have.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member

£124 off

Liberty Games - received all revised systems. Basically, by the time they ordered, all of the older hardware had been replaced/ sourced from new vendor. So you should be good to go. Also, ive heard of people getting their units in only 2 days locally.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
even that sale price is more expensive than the US price
Yeah I know that. But importing one from the USA is very expensive so this is the best we can get for now.

I’m weighing up in my mind the sale price, or chancing they will have a proper 50% off clear off next year.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Liberty Games - received all revised systems. Basically, by the time they ordered, all of the older hardware had been replaced/ sourced from new vendor. So you should be good to go. Also, ive heard of people getting their units in only 2 days locally.
I wanted to have it in an email from the seller, not risking £600 on heresay from reddit

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Jackman wrote, "Looks like it could be a good toy for my work room as they have a black friday sale on right now with the UK supplier,."

I was wondering if they would have a Black Friday sale here in the USA.
Ah, apologies, I misread.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Has this thing been h4x0r3d yet to have the full library of games on it with the Rev 2 version?

If so, I think it's time for me to pick one up.