My 10 year old gives his opinion on Streets of Rage 2

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member

I haven't made videos in forever, but my son has been making videos himself and I thought I'd spruce them up a bit. This is his second one (first was Mario 64). Didn't think you guys would give a shit about Mario 64, but it's insightful to see what a kid thinks about a game that's over twice as old as he is.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I honestly find it surprising that he believes the game is good. Most kids his age nowadays do not give a crap about anything that is less than full HD. You've taught him well.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's awesome. I saw this video posted on Reddit. No idea it was your kid, obviously.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i sense a bit of bias here.

I think we all expected negative thoughts. This shuts down our typical response. "...kids these days just dont get it"....

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I tried to tell him"the graphics aren't very good anymore," and he actually shut me down saying he thought for 16 bit they were! Lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I tried to tell him"the graphics aren't very good anymore," and he actually shut me down saying he thought for 16 bit they were! Lol

Have the little git adopted and be done with it....

xROTx

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
It's cool he like's it, TBH guy's the game has held up well considering how old it is, over 20 year's now.
My son's been playing it for year's, he's 17 now and still love's it, it's a classic.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ten years old and already making more informative videos than Metal Jesus.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
that kid doesn't even lift bro.

like father =/= son.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't quit your day job, kid.

lol, jk. Encouragement is awesome though. Old little snipets are cool for us, maybe something more along the lines of his age would work better?

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I honestly find it surprising that he believes the game is good. Most kids his age nowadays do not give a crap about anything that is less than full HD. You've taught him well.

considering Minecraft is one of the most popular games kids play I don't think they really give a shit what a game looks like, and if they don't want to play the classics its probably because of the dreaded stigma of it being "old" like those damn kids from Back to the Future 2

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

I'm not surprised. My nephew is about 8 and he loves the older stuff. When he comes over he always wants to play Turtles in time or SOR2. Those beat em ups are just fun.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Very nice.

I played SoR2 and 3 with my 9yr old daughter earlier this year. We finished 2 and still working on 3. She likes the game but always eat the chicken at the worst time.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That dude [Metal Jesus] should stick to old PC games, his channel would be much more interesting.

The only times I care about his videos are when Kelsey is in them, because she's fucking hot... and smarter than him too. Otherwise cringeworthy channel.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
This is cool. He can be a voice for younger kids, and show them some of the older games they are not exposed to

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The only times I care about his videos are when Kelsey is in them, because she's fucking hot... and smarter than him too. Otherwise cringeworthy channel.

is she that blonde slob that he hangs out with?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
No, she's the exotic looking brunette that owns her own game store.

EDIT:

By exotic looking you mean child like. She looks way too young. She might be 30, but she's hiding it well with genetics and makeup.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

I agree with you for the most part. I feel like Kelsey is definitely a lot more informed than Metal Jesus when it comes to stuff like Japanese games, handhelds, JRPGS, and some game history/lore. Mainly stuff I enjoy as well so I find her contributions good. The fact that she's a co-owner of those gaming stores in Seattle helps as well, she probably has a lot more experience with everything. I bought something from there maybe like 5 years ago and I think it was her that honored the misprice on a TG16 I wanted to pick up, which was unexpected.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I honestly find it surprising that he believes the game is good.

I find it even more surprising that he isn't fucking shredded like his old man. Oh well, give him another year and I'm sure he'll be benching more than me by then.

Last edited: