My Consolized 2-slot! (big pics)

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
I just finished building my first consolized 2-slot last nite! :mr_t:
the s-video output is FANTASTIC (used a neobitz). cant wait to try component, but my TV doesnt have it.
I put a pause button on the front, test on the back, and didnt bother with coin/start buttons as i just put it in freeplay mode on the hard DIP.

it was a fun project, and pretty straightforward. i think ill build a supergun pretty soon, so i can start picking up other jamma arcade PCBs.

thanks to jmkurtz for the neobitz, and everone here and at sgrepository for discussion and inspiration.

heres some pics:
cmvs1.jpg

cmvs2.jpg

cmvs3.jpg

cmvs4.jpg

cmvsback.jpg

my games:
sscarts.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Congrats dude, looks good. What games are those since I cant read Kanji and Katakana anymore?

complexs6

Camel Slug
Hey, Thats a very nice job. I been waiting to get one myself consolized but I need someone to do it for me. I like how you added component thats a must have. Pause button also a must. You must have experience in electronics because after doing some research I felt it was to much to do on my own.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Xian Xi said:
Congrats dude, looks good. What games are those since I cant read Kanji and Katakana anymore?
thanks. its Samurai Spirits 1, 2, 3, 4, Zero, and Zero Special.
what can i say, i love Samurai Spirits. :p

complexs6 said:
Hey, Thats a very nice job. I been waiting to get one myself consolized but I need someone to do it for me. I like how you added component thats a must have. Pause button also a must. You must have experience in electronics because after doing some research I felt it was to much to do on my own.
thank ya. i have a bit of electronics experience, but not as much as a lot of guys here. im mostly a mechanical guy.

but its really not too hard, most of the soldering is pretty easy, the pause button was the only thing requiring any real fine work.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
ooo000ooo...very nice :D I'm far too lazy to build a case for mine yet lol. Did you buy the Neo Bitz NTSC encoder or did you build one youself? I'm trying to find a good DIY RGB to Component converter...

-Segasonicfan

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
segasonicfan said:
ooo000ooo...very nice :D I'm far too lazy to build a case for mine yet lol. Did you buy the Neo Bitz NTSC encoder or did you build one youself? I'm trying to find a good DIY RGB to Component converter...

-Segasonicfan
i bought it. i thought about a DIY converter, but figured i wouldnt end up saving all that much. It included all the ports, and even an extra matching red/white for audio, which i was surprised and impressed by, so im happy with the deal.

I also just rewired the buttons on one of my Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks, so im using that with a ps2 -> neo converter and its bliss.
Im gonna mod my 2 HRAPs so i can switch between an ABCD config for most games, and a AC/BD 2x2 for KOF and other games with that layout.

this thing is awesome. ive been playing SS zero special on and off all day. now i just need to find some people around here to beat, er, i mean, play with. :D

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Xian Xi said:
Can you post a DIY on how you did it?
there are already a few threads with a better rundown on how to do it than i could give... Im lousy at making guides of any sort. But if you have a particular question i'll be happy to answer it.

I mostly just used the MVS manual for the pinouts and figured it out from that.
most of my time was spent measuring (over and over) where to drill holes in the case, and figuring out how to route the wires in the best/neatest way.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Not bad! You should sand down the edges of the acrylic base to get rid of the saw cut marks though. If you spend enough time on it you can get it perfectly transparent like glass.

Can you tell us how you did the paintjob?

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
What is the bottom part made out of? Is that lexan? I am in the planning stages of consolizing a 2 slot as well. Congrats on yours it looks great!

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Adamaki said:
Not bad! You should sand down the edges of the acrylic base to get rid of the saw cut marks though. If you spend enough time on it you can get it perfectly transparent like glass.

Can you tell us how you did the paintjob?
yea, i know. i did a little bit, they were a bit rougher at first, but i got lazy and wanted to get it together and play. :p

I had the shell powdercoated. its more durable than just regular paint. cost me $20.

TravistyOJ said:
What is the bottom part made out of? Is that lexan? I am in the planning stages of consolizing a 2 slot as well. Congrats on yours it looks great!
its plexiglas. bought it from a glass shop in town, they cut it to precise dimensions unlike places like home depot.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rassilon said:
yea, i know. i did a little bit, they were a bit rougher at first, but i got lazy and wanted to get it together and play. :p

I had the shell powdercoated. its more durable than just regular paint. cost me $20.

its plexiglas. bought it from a glass shop in town, they cut it to precise dimensions unlike places like home depot.

It takes a lot of sanding to get it really smooth but it's worth it (have a look at mine).

I heard that powet coating is a lot more durable than painting it yourself. It looks like there are a few light scratches on one of the photos though, or is that just the way the light is shining off it?

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Adamaki said:
It takes a lot of sanding to get it really smooth but it's worth it (have a look at mine).

I heard that powet coating is a lot more durable than painting it yourself. It looks like there are a few light scratches on one of the photos though, or is that just the way the light is shining off it?
thats sweet. all the switches on the back?

there are a few really fine scratches on the top, from me not being careful enough when i was putting it together. :crying:

ill probably sand the plexiglas better when i take it apart to put in a unibios one of these days.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
thats pretty damn nice! Ive seen a few consolised systems but I like this one. It has a basic look to it. Nothing too outrageous. Congrats.

a_bomb

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Hell yeah dude! Nice to see a variety of games.

DUDE. I'll give you a call. We must play some online shit. Wish we could still play MVS. My sam sho skillz are going to shit.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rassilon said:
thats sweet. all the switches on the back?

there are a few really fine scratches on the top, from me not being careful enough when i was putting it together. :crying:

ill probably sand the plexiglas better when i take it apart to put in a unibios one of these days.

Yeah, I wanted all the switches on the back because I think it looks neater that way. I posted pics on here somewhere so have a search for the thread if you want to see them.

I had the same problem when I put mine together. It only takes a wire to be dragged over the paintwork to put a scratch in it. I had to do some fine sanding and buffing once I'd put it all together. It's got chips in it since then anyway because I didn't powercoat it!