My latest supergun build

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hey guys

Here's my first attempt at building a supergun. It does not look half as nice as the others in this thread, but I like it. It also works very nice. Features:

- Internal Power supply
- Neobitz encoder
- Component, svideo, composite ouputs with their respective jacks and direct RGB output for connecting the gonbes RGB to VGA encoder
- JROK sync cleaner, with switch to enable/disable it
- Switch to choose JAMMA/MVS audio
- Voltmeter with switch to choose +5V or +12V displayed
- Switch to choose JAMMA/MVS test button
- RGB pots

Pics:

Sorry, I won't put pics of its insides, because honestly I am ashamed of how it looks. It's way worst than the outside, trust me.

Regards.

Do you use the Power/Reset buttons? You should :)
The NES is bulky, so you have a lot of room to ease your build.
I personally prefer to used busted Sega Saturns as they turn out really well on the joystick ports and you can use the AC plug too.

You'll have fun making new ones.
As we're all talikng about Sguns in here, here's also my last babe :

IMG_20150809_141420.jpgIMG_20150810_023532.jpgIMG_20150810_023614.jpgIMG_20150810_023638.jpgIMG_20150810_023651.jpg

It's RGB, but I might add a Sony CXA1645 encoder circuit too just for fun.

The two plugs on the front are auxiliary GND and +5V connections to ease the use of logic probes if you're attempting to repair/diagnose boards.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Your supergun would kick my supergun's ass.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Big thanks to you James for your help and your guides :D

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Atros super gun is killer! I love that build! Originally I wanted to put a switching supply in mine, but the enclosure was just too small for me to feel safe about it even with cooling fans. But I'm robbing your idea of the logic probe connections as all of the non Neo-Geo related boards I buy, I generally buy broken or non working and bring them back to life, so the logic probe aux ports would be a great addition! I like it!

I'll probably end up making a second rig actually. The one I started is purposed to appear clean and agreeable in the living room, I should build another one for my game room for playing as well as testing/fixing. I like the power lcd, as well as your button layouts and everything else, that sgun looks like a professional testing rig, I like it!

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Atros super gun is killer! I love that build! Originally I wanted to put a switching supply in mine, but the enclosure was just too small for me to feel safe about it even with cooling fans. But I'm robbing your idea of the logic probe connections as all of the non Neo-Geo related boards I buy, I generally buy broken or non working and bring them back to life, so the logic probe aux ports would be a great addition! I like it!

I'll probably end up making a second rig actually. The one I started is purposed to appear clean and agreeable in the living room, I should build another one for my game room for playing as well as testing/fixing. I like the power lcd, as well as your button layouts and everything else, that sgun looks like a professional testing rig, I like it!

The build itself has a lot of flaws, but that's something minor.

You should get these plugs ( at least two, obviously ) to ease your way through. ;)

High-Quality5Pcs-Mic-speaker-2mm-mini-banana-plug-Jack-male-connector-adaptor-converter.jpg

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Atro, yours almost looks like a device for a server backroom. :)

Anyone ever consider making one in a 1U enclosure to fit on a server rack? (Ostensibly putting a switch board on it as well, and just stacking JAMMA units on said rack)