My Neo Story & Collection

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
A couple of you on here know, but I never grew up in the era of Neo Geo. I first discovered the platform when I was 16, back in 2014. I was doing work for a local game store as a repair technician and helping out around the store as well. A well known member and now friend, lolifoxgirl, made a deal with the store to put an original big red MVS cab at the shop. I remember Magical Drop 3 being one of the games in the cab when he first put the cab at the store, and ever since then I was hooked. I got an MV1F board, a cheap supergun, a 161 in 1 cart, and a PVM to play on. I loved it, and played the crap out of it. Sadly it didn't last too long though, because I sold them due to not being able to play anymore because of poor health. Fast forward to now, and I'm thankfully able to be into the Neo Geo once more. This is my current Neo Geo collection. It's small but I'm proud of it, and I enjoy playing what I own.

I'm currently focusing on AES, but I also enjoy my original big red MVS cab, which was something I wanted since I played the cab at the game shop.

My current AES collection
pp8HQhd.jpg

A few notable picks which I'm happy to have
AKiROXM.jpg

My CIB AES, memory card port wasn't working when I got it, but now it's 100%
PwnYrbx.jpg

My 2-Slot Big Red, the day I picked it up from the previous owner. It's all original, and hasn't had restoration
47fKxvj.jpg

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Love it, man! That big red is in very nice condition! Thanks for sharing.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This Rocks Digmac :buttrock: Awesome story and a great selection of titles.

I gotta admit though, I’m curious about the copy of Minasan no Okagesama desu. Are you a big mahjong fan?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hey Digmac! We are really glad you are here and contributing to the community. That's a pretty sweet collection for something started so recently, and I'm jealous of that MVS.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Love it, man! That big red is in very nice condition! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks man! I appreciate it as always :buttrock:

This Rocks Digmac :buttrock: Awesome story and a great selection of titles.

I gotta admit though, I’m curious about the copy of Minasan no Okagesama desu. Are you a big mahjong fan?
So I wouldn't say I'm a huge Mahjong fan, but I do know how to play Japanese Mahjong and I enjoy it. I've actually wanted Minnasan no Okagesamadesu for a while now and I'm way happier than I should be to have a copy lol. It's a really crazy game, and has tons of toilet humor. The guy with the 5 o'clock shadow acts like he's jacking off his paper fan sometimes, no joke. :thevt:

Hey Digmac! We are really glad you are here and contributing to the community. That's a pretty sweet collection for something started so recently, and I'm jealous of that MVS.
Thanks Neo Alec, I appreciate it! My Neo Geo items are my pride and joy, and I've put a lot into it. I'm really happy with my big red, and it means a lot since it's where I got my start with the Neo. The cab actually came from my local drive in theater, so I'm still surprised it's this nice.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Pretty cool AES collection man . Always cool to see guys from a newer generation get Neo BBC (big black console) fever.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
nice cab, should put it next to washer. Could wash your whites while playing Prehistoric Isle 2 :buttrock:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice collection but I also like your house man.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Love the big red cab, looks mint.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
super awesome collection! that big red cab is looking awesome and that samurai 5 special! would love to own that title some day!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it.

Nice collection but I also like your house man.
I wish it was my house lol. That's the house of the guy I bought it from. He's a local arcade collector with over 20 cabs in his house. He had to convert one of his bathrooms into game storage. It was pretty insane going to pick it up. I live in a more humble abode lol.

Got some more loot from Japan though. Dunk Dream, Fatal Fury 2, and Super Sidekicks 2. Been after Dunk Dream for a while but things never worked out, but I'm happy to finally have a physical copy. It's one of my favorite Neo Geo games. Also got in some Neo Geo Tsuushin and Neo Geo Freak magazines, which are always cool to look through.

mrnBKJ9.jpg

T8RFAFc.jpg

SJLhBKi.jpg

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Great Collection! Also like your YouTube Videos you posted on Facebook!
Greetings Alex

Very nice collection, the Big Red and your Dunk Dreams are still... only dreams to me!!
Keep it up!!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Things have changed a bit since I posted up this thread in terms of my AES titles. Sold some games, got in different ones. Overall I’m really happy with the game selection that I have to play. I feel like it’s pretty well rounded, with a little bit of everything.

25dIsvX.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Do you have any MVS carts? Big red cabs are easily my favorite NEO•GEOs... so beautiful.

Since I sold the majority of my MVS collection a while back, I haven’t had anything of note other than a couple dirt cheap fighters and a few boots which I sold recently. I was running a true arcade op setup of boot Metal Slug and boot Puzzle Bobble for a while. :lolz: My intention was to get a flashcart for it, but since the tube has started flaking out on me, that’s been low on the priority list.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Do you think he sometimes ever opened the control panel on the MVS and threw the dirty laundry in there?
Converting a bathroom to storage is insanity.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Do you think he sometimes ever opened the control panel on the MVS and threw the dirty laundry in there?
Converting a bathroom to storage is insanity.

Yeah, it was pretty wild. He had shelves of games on the left wall, and then you look in front of you and there’s a toilet and sink. The bathroom also had a closet attached to it, and that too was completely filled with more games, arcade boards, and parts. The house was very sizable, and almost the entire bottom floor was filled with arcade cabs and games. In addition to his cabs, he also had a few retail console kiosks as well. The bottom floor was basically all cabs and games with a kitchen, then upstairs was the living space. That does not include his 3 car garage which was also full of more project cabs, and his detached garage where he worked on the cabs and stored even more boards, cabs, and parts.

It was my first time in person seeing someone own that much.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's one thing to have a large game collection, but what is it about cabs that turns people into hoarders?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Super nice collection man, and gotta love the red cab too.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What is the candy cab in the garage behind the big red?