My Neo Story & Collection

sayadin1315

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Collection looking pretty sweet man. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
bXjgDup.jpg

How things are looking now. I've cut back on the number of titles I have, but I feel like the overall game quality has gone up. I thought about what home titles I genuinely wanted to own, and that's how I came to the decision to let go of some carts and go for Pulstar. I don't regret it, and quite a few of the titles I let go of can be found again in Japan with relative ease. From left to right, here's my smaller collection:

League Bowling
Minnasan no Okagesamadesu (Monolith soft case variant)
Viewpoint
Sengoku 2
Samurai Shodown
Spinmaster
Art of Fighting 2
Windjammers
Sonic Wings 2
Samurai Shodown 2
Dunk Dream
Fatal Fury 3
Pulstar
Sonic Wings 3
Samurai Shodown 3
Samurai Shodown 4
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Magical Drop 3

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It's funny looking back on your collection thread, seeing how things were, lol. I got the itch to explore more hardware with the same prowess as the Neo Geo, and the only way to do that was to expand into arcade hardware in general. Here's how my collection is looking now that my homecarts have been passed on. I still have my big red cab from my first post, that's a keeper. :)

*Not pictured are my multi/flashcart solutions for the main system boards. I have multi's for the CPS2, ST-V, and MVS.*

My superguns: Pana Twin MP-92 control box, Axunworks JVS/JAMMA supergun paired with a Sigma 9000TB

7YwWgyM.jpg

System Boards: Taito F3, Capcom CPS2, Sega ST-V, SNK Neo Geo MV1FZS

arIG7AV.jpg

Taito F3 Games: Bubble Memories, Puzzle Bobble 2, Puchi Carat

td9Wdhm.jpg

Capcom CPS2 Games: Super Puzzle Fighter II X, Great Mahou Daisakusen, Powered Gear, Street Fighter Zero 3, Mighty Pang (no label from factory for Japanese boards), Puzz Loop 2

UoCzfDP.jpg

Sega ST-V Games: Baku Baku Animal, Decathlete, Final Arch, Hanagumi Taisen Columns, Sando-R, Winter Heat, Taisen Tanto-R Sasisu!!, Pro Mahjong Kiwame S (with original JAMMA to Mahjong adapter), Purikura Daisakusen, Soukyugurentai, Othello Shiyouyo

CoqxetX.jpg

Neo Geo MVS Games: Magical Drop 3, Money Idol Exchanger, Stakes Winner, Stakes Winner 2, Shin Samurai Spirits, Dunk Dream, League Bowling, Minnasan no Okagesamadesu, Zupapa!, Janshin Densetsu, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug 3, NAM-1975, Big Tournament Golf, Spin Master (Korean), Shock Troopers (Korean)

z6hR59q.jpg

Cave Boards: DoDonPachi Daioujou kit, Espgaluda kit, Mushihimesama Futari 1.5, Puzzle Mushihimetama

JfDDOlk.jpg

Battle Garegga (with Zakk roms)

Th9mREU.jpg

Sega System C2, converted from Ichidant-R to C2 multi

mWha0TI.jpg

Susume Mile Smile

gFYtLIN.jpg

Dancing Eyes (with original manual and art set)

y0rVcYJ.jpg

Great 1000 Miles Rally USA Version (rom swapped to Evolution Model, USA Version roms kept)

AXNKdf8.jpg

Taisen Hot Gimmick

FSByNFq.jpg

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
Nice big cab man, and I like the magazine !
Congrats

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yo Dig! Nice PCB collection! Ive always been curious about the Pana guns, what are they like? I couldnt tell if they were like very sought after/high end or what, but when I was investigating superguns initially, they would always come up.

Also, just so you know your MDIII gets CONSTANT adoration and play, and I show/hook new people on the game all the time.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Yo Dig! Nice PCB collection! Ive always been curious about the Pana guns, what are they like? I couldnt tell if they were like very sought after/high end or what, but when I was investigating superguns initially, they would always come up.

Also, just so you know your MDIII gets CONSTANT adoration and play, and I show/hook new people on the game all the time.
Hey man! The Pana line of control box superguns are rock solid. They were made by KIC's, aka Kyowa International, the company that made the very first supergun in Japan back in 1986. They're of excellent quality, with some unique buttons that are different from Sanwa and Seimitsu. It uses the same switch as a Seimitsu button, but the button housing and plunger are different, effecting the feel. They're some of the best buttons I've ever used. Pana boxes also have the best RGB and sync output of any of the Japanese superguns I've seen. The original Pana Twin and Pana Custom are a little small for 2-player use, as there's not much space between each players controls. Also, the Pana Twin has almost no palm space, so if that's something to keep in mind. If you want more space between player controls, go for a Pana Custom Long or Pana Twin Long. They released those in mid 1995 to address the space issues of the original models. If a mahjong panel is a must, then the Twin is for you, but if you can live without that, get a Custom.

And I'm glad to hear that MDIII gets the playtime it deserves. :buttrock: