My Niece Died In Utero

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I really don't know why I am sharing on here... I think I just need to talk about it for my own sanity.

This last Monday, my in-laws were scheduled to go to the hospital so that they could give birth. She felt major contractions then nothing... When they arrived, the ultra sound showed no signs of a heartbeat. The baby got the umbilical chord wrapped around her neck and that's what killed her.

The worst part is, my sister-in-law still had to deliver the dead baby. She was 7lbs 11oz, 22inches long. I dunno... i'm kind of fucked up at the moment.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Holy Christ that is absolutely horrible man. I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So Sorry to hear that. I can't even Imagine what your family is going through right now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm so, so very sorry to hear that. Literally, the exact same thing happen to a very good friend of mine in 2010. Wife was full term, less that 1 week from due date, daughter died. She had to do a regular delivery. The entire thing was so terrible. Please accept my condolences.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm so sorry. There is nothing worse than a child's death. When I was a teenager my five year old cousin drowned. I can't imagine a worse kind of hell, and it doesn't really get better.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How can someone ever recover from that. Make sure you're there for your Bro/sis in law...Be strong for them and help them out as much as possible. Sorry for your family's loss.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Very sorry to hear this; my condolences to you and your family. Childbirth is hard enough without the terrible knowledge that the kid's already a goner and you still have to deliver it--I can't even begin to imagine what a women would feel like having to go through something like that.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I am extremely sorry to hear that. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
my condolences.

Id like to share a similar story for my sanity and because I find it helps me (and others). I lost my niece a few years ago as well. She was only 9 months old, born with a rare disease. The hardest part was seeing my sister and brother in law break down. They fought really hard to keep her alive. Even uprooting their lives and moving to North Carolina as they sought treatment. Thinking of the funeral still hurts, but it's gotten better over the years.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
my condolences.

Id like to share a similar story for my sanity and because I find it helps me (and others). I lost my niece a few years ago as well. She was only 9 months old, born with a rare disease. The hardest part was seeing my sister and brother in law break down. They fought really hard to keep her alive. Even uprooting their lives and moving to North Carolina as they sought treatment. Thinking of the funeral still hurts, but it's gotten better over the years.

It's so hard to carry.

I mentioned one of my good friends earlier and what happened to them. My other friend was also horrible. It happened in 2001 and it nearly killed his wife. His son was born month premature, had severe mental/physical issues and died about 1 month later while in neonatal.

Both of these men are my friends and I know their wife's well...they all carry it to this day and we speak of it from time to time. One of the two men was the friend I lost back in Jan, I helped his wife bury him besides the son they lost back in 2001.

Life does these things...it takes chunks from us. I hope that everyone who has to go through something like that finds peace in one way or another.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’m sorry for your family’s loss. Take one day at a time...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Happened to a friend of mine. Baby's Heart stopped for some unknown reason. She went on to have a healthy daughter the following year.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Sincere condolences, Decepticreep. Such a tragedy makes it hard to go on without demanding to know why. Alas we probably never will know. I wish you to have all the strength needed and the nearness of your family to keep up.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Can’t even imagine how hard that is...so sorry to hear this, sincere condolences to you and the family

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
shit, bro. that's terrible news. hope you and your family get through this soon.

Godfather

n00b
That is a tough loss! :( very sad news. Do your best to support her. This is so devastating.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
You have my deepest condolences, absolutely devastating for the family, no word's can help really, but my thoughts are with you.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am sorry, this is the most horrific news for the parents. Words won't mean much for something this tragic, I hope you and your family can get through this. :(

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Im so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Horrible news, so very sorry to hear it.

I hope she is given a beautiful name.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
My condolences on the passing of your niece.

This is tough, my aunt who is in her 60's lost her baby the same way. She still mentions the baby once in a while when we get together, and you can tell it still hurts.

Stay strong.

Last edited:

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Sorry for your loss.

We have a family friend that went through the same thing a few years back. That friend went on to have 2 healthy boys.

J-P

NEST Puppet
Jesus that's grim - poor girl to have to go through with the whole thing; condolences to the family and best luck dealing with it. Stiff drinks all around.