N-G.com beatmania players thread

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I found a 5 keys controller in Yongsan, Seoul today. I was super tempted to buy it but then I remembered I don't own a system to play it on.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I bought a few things.
mzYdEOI.jpg

kDsus8X.jpg

local arcade was selling a IIDX (with official CRT), Pop'n, Jubeat, Technika, GF, and DM, so I bit.

GFDM are being sold to a friend out of state who will give them a good home, meanwhile I've let the locals know my place is open for them to come play. The machines were pretty neglected after PW was shut down, they're excited to see them take on a new life at my place. Had a hell of a party on Sunday for them! The move went pretty smoothly and we even moved IIDX on and off the truck with the CRT still on it! CRT's in great shape btw.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Wow, that is awesome man! I always loved the IIDX cab. Such a great design!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Cleared Shakunetsu Pt2 Long Train Running [h], pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
PW dying really gutted it, and then R1 opening was the killing blow. The machines were all offline, on old versions, getting no play, and upkeep was a bit subpar. The locals basically all know they can find the cabs at my place, and I've already hosted two open to the public meetups that went well. They're all excited the machines have a new life and not to toot my own horn, they say I'm a good fit to own them. SVGL still has DDR X3, and Re-Rave.

I've been putting a lot of time into cleaning the machines/parts and fixing what's wrong, as well as getting them on network and upgrading the games. They're really starting to shine.

I just bought a key to unlock the HDD caddy for Jubeat so I'll be working on that later tonight.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Really happy for a friend of mine. He's someone I know from college and the Dallas FGC, he got into IIDX when he saw me playing it once, I was there when he was failing 3* songs on LR2 and CS IIDX that I helped him get. He just got 9th Dan in Copula, and a few weeks prior won the Texas mid tier IIDX tournament.

I've had a few friends get started on IIDX through me but this dude really shines.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
holy shit got A [a] as my second 12 clear
starting to feel like I'm getting back to where I was a year ago

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Well if anyone's located near Sunnyvale, CA I'm hosting a meetup on Saturday the 14th.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
As promised :)
e5c2b34c43c690e91915a7d389e59266.jpg

Also if anyone is near Sunnyvale I'm hosting on the 25th, contact me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Found this while going through my stuff today!!
Comes with the original Euromix...

Been ages since I played.

P_20160709_202642_zpsmlgkzkj2.jpg

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I need to cop a PAL beatmania some time for completion's sake (everything on it is playable on other CS games). And I guess maybe that 3rd mix mini demo disc.

I've had a few brushes with Colors [a] that I've done way better at the end (last part of That Horrible Roll + the easy part after) than usual, I seriously wonder if that's gonna be 12 #3 for me.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I need to cop a PAL beatmania some time for completion's sake (everything on it is playable on other CS games). And I guess maybe that 3rd mix mini demo disc.

Yeah, missing those two myself. (And "Beatmania DaDaDa!!" and the GameBoy ones.)

I finally went full completionist earlier this year and bought the rest of the Japanese DDR releases I was missing. The final hold outs were some random GameBoy Color ones and Wii oddities. Haven't gone totally crazy and bought every PAL game...but I'm tempted. (Those plug and play TV games, though? Shudder...) >_>

On the Pop'n end, I'm just missing the BeMouse and the GameBoy Color games.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
70% on Holic, 50% on Setsugekka last night. Need to work on my grind.

I've been streaming the cab a little on sows. I got screwed over on the capture card auction I won so it's a webcam + line out, sorry.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Got the capture card I wanted at a price I wanted, worked out great. Bought a PC that runs Lincle and under really well. I hope to stream to twitch somewhat often after I can work through this busy time in my life (I'm fine just a lot is happening) and set up the cabs with splitters. I've streamed IIDX (used a splitter) to sows a few times with that capture setup and it's worked great.

Also I moved within town, the cabs are indoors at my new place :) this is a WIP picture, 5keys still has to enter around back + some fine-tuning to position everything + some reassembly needed. Also no internet here I'm using a Comcast guest portal until then lol
hobo3.jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
damn you have recreated SVGL
wish I could go back