nam 1975 any good?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
This is one of those games that has a strong following. The people that like this game love it. Personally, I have never enjoyed the game. For me it gets old quick. I have the AES version and play it from time to time...but not nearly as often as other early games like Magician Lord.

It one you should give a try.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
This is an old game and it looks and feels like one. I think it was one of the first games to come out on the system and was one of the first ones I ever owned for my homecart. It's good, but not great. I wouldn't pay a lot for it. It's certainly fun to play through a few times, but that's about it. Definitely one of the best of the original Neo games before they started putting out some truly amazing games. But comparing it to something like Metal Slug or MOTW you'd think they were on different systems.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
For a early NeoGeo title hell yeah!
Don't be put off by it's looks the game still test your skills :buttrock:

buckrogers

New Challenger
I agree with the Tron man.

For quick blast that tests your reflexes, it is a very good. Depends on what you're expectations are. I enjoy it more than Magician Lord.

There is not much to compare it too - its not your generic platormer or vertical shooter - so its kinda in a league of its own.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
NAM-1975 was the first Neo game made (anyone who has the AES cart knows it's NGH-001), it's old but it's a pure classic and well worth a purchase.

Fucking awesome game!

masschamber

NEST Puppet
15 Year Member
for the price it's probably the best deal your going to get on a non-fighter, I personally really like it, it's hard but that doesn't bother me. It's a lot like Cabal, or the nes punisher or the Gi Joe, Though Far better then either of them

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It’s a good game that is slightly outdated in the graphics and sound dept and is hard as hell (try beating it without using a memory card). It’s a fun break from many of the other Neo games though, just be prepared to have you ass handed to you. If you can get it cheap I say go for it.

brightangel

Crazed MVS Addict
It's the first game I got on my AES.

Hard as hell...yup, I'd say it's definitely worth getting. Especially so, given its price.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nikolicious said:
I agree with Neo Ash its pretty stale I didnt enjoy it much but it sure beats super spy

It would be safe to say that watching a home video of me shaking my balls in front of a camera for an hour would be more fun than playing Super Spy (don't worry, I'd lift my dick up so the camera wouldn't pick it up, just my balls).

Amakusashiro666

, , Simon Says:, "Ban Me!"
Yea if you liked Cabal or WIld Guns then this is a great game to have.The stages are well laid out,and there is random danger areas that occur to chnage the pace.You can get this blonde whore looking chic to help you out too.And its always satisifing to see the enemy fry when you use the flame thrower.
Great game for 20-50 bucks.

crazycanuck

Crossed Swords Squire
It's a quite good old school game... and not very expensive !!! I would say is one of the best first release games on neo geo...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The MVS price raise on this game is fucking killing me, you could find it anywhere for under $30, but for some reason a lot of people are starting to sell them for $50 (cart only, even).

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
The MVS price raise on this game is fucking killing me, you could find it anywhere for under $30, but for some reason a lot of people are starting to sell them for $50 (cart only, even).

It's harder to find Nam on MVS than AES. Hence the higher price.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
BIG said:
Fuck yeah it is.

B-

I agree...it is a great game. It is actually the reason why I bought my first Neo Geo Home System.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:

:spock:

I've always had some difficulty in finding this game and it's always fetched a price higher then i'd like to pay (mvs at least).

Cool game though.