nam 1975 any good?

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Friggin scary Vietnese women.

Hard End Boss as well.

machfive

n00b
I think it's a hell of a lot of fun, and it's damn hard too, so personally I think it's got great replay.

jonajacket

n00b
I only got a Neo last summer and I got NAM with it. Fantastic game, with loads of charm - nothing else like it on the Neo. It is indeed like Cabal, only I prefer NAM.

The games a great challenge when you first start to play, but stick with it and you'll up looking like a right old smart-arse.

It's also one of the cheaper games around, I say go for it :)

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Impossible to beat without the uni-bios. The alpha of the MVS much like samurai shodown 5 Special is the omega.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
mainman said:
Impossible to beat without the uni-bios. The alpha of the MVS much like samurai shodown 5 Special is the omega.

Impossible to beat? That's funny.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Meh! It's an ok game... I see that you have enough posts here to make up your mind but I sugest playing it first. I don't really like it I get bored to fast playing it. Super Spy was way better. Magician Lord also way better. But like the first guy said it has a cult following either you like it or can't stand playing it. (As with many Neo Games though)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Who or what company was resposible for marking all of these home carts?
It seems pretty hard to find a homecart that deson't have black marker over the chick.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I know! It bugs me alot, because I end up having to pay double for a good copy.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
topher said:
Nice pointless bump there buddy.

What? I'm curious to know why there are so many marked copies.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Yeah, Nam 1975's pretty good. While this title doesn't have the best graphics, or gameplay ever, it deserves some respect. It's still pretty fun to this day, and was one of the first Neo titles. ;)

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
T.A.P. said:
What? I'm curious to know why there are so many marked copies.

Because back in the day SNK sold a fair amount of its stuff in the middle east, you can't show scantily clad women over there so local sellers went over such things with a marker. Otherwise they would be illegal.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I just got it a little while back, its not a bad game but I used a code halfway through and then the got to the part where the girl is hanging by a rope and then after I beat that guy it just didnt go anywhere.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
I just got it a little while back, its not a bad game but I used a code halfway through and then the got to the part where the girl is hanging by a rope and then after I beat that guy it just didnt go anywhere.

:spock:

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
Even as an early title, Nam-1975 still holds as one of the best Neo Geo games. It's pure gaming: shoot and dodge, with a grenade lob here and there for good measure. And while not impossible, is difficult enough to give you a good run for your money. The Apocalypse Now sort of feel ups its cool factor.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
If you own a Neo Nam'75 is a must, period.

Neoray

New Challenger
This is the game that got me hooked to the Neo-Geo back in 1990 when I played it in the arcades in Playland in TimesSquare and the reason I bought the AES system back in 1990.

loads of action, firepower, enemies and a sexy backup with the female hostage.

I love how they added photos of certain movies like Full Metal Jacket and Casualties of War on that game.

A great game that should be on everyones Neo-Geo collection.

I wish they would have made a sequel to that game.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I think it's decent, but not all that great. One of a kind on the Neo though, can't argue that. Metal Slugs are better and more expensive.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Still a great Neo Game that holds up well even today.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
Its a great old school Neo game, its pritty tough (somtimes a bit too tough), but its still fun to this day.